BSOD Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darl10

OK lets make this short and simple I have been getting this error for quite a while now and have tried to get it fixed on google this is the error I recieve:

STOP 0x0000001e KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in win32k.sys

I have determined the cause of this with windows 2000 sp2 and 3 but I use windows 2000 sp4 and I have found nothing about this happening in sp4. It also runs somewhat different as it happens randomly and not as microsoft says with animated cursors, though it seems to happen more often when im trying to play a game, also when I try to do virus scans my computer will all of a sudden restart on me after a bit, im not sure if its always at the same place as the virus scan usually freezes up before my computer restarts, I have tried using Housecall and McAfee virus scans but it happens with both.

darl10

I did what it said in the first one found nothing like that, i searched and i went right to the folder its supposed to be in, another thing i should have mentioned before is i have no viruses or anything in my winnt folder as i was able to scan this without my computer restarting and have done so with 2 scanners, as for the other link you put there i have forgotten most of the french i learned in school and my dad never really taught me it...

darl10

Can anyone help me its been 2 days and still no more replies from anyone else :(

Hi darl10,

Your problem seems to be related to a security issue as you get a BSOD when you try to perform a virus scan.
I suggest you to download the last version of Hijackthis from www.thespykiller.co.uk , install the software and execute a scan to produce a log file.
Post the content of the log file in this current thread, don't fix anything yet : you will be abvised by a security tech if something is wrong on your computer.
Sorry for the delay.

darl10

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:47:20 AM, on 7/9/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\SCardSvr.exe
E:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe
C:\Program Files\StealthBot1\StealthBot v2.6.exe
E:\mirc\mirc.exe
D:\Excursion9.5\mIRC.ExCurSioN.exe
C:\Program Files\StealthBot\StealthBot v2.6.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\l2uthless Ops v2.01\l2uthless Ops.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Recruiter(Cc)\StealthBot v2.6R3.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
E:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://forums.techguy.org/t378306.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Error Nuker] E:\Program Files\Error Nuker\bin\ErrorNuker.exe autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Firebird Guardian - DefaultInstance (FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance) - The Firebird Project - C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbguard.exe
O23 - Service: Firebird Server - DefaultInstance (FirebirdServerDefaultInstance) - The Firebird Project - C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe

btw i already had the latest version of hijack this :D

You may fix the following entry :

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\system32\userinit.exe

I don't see anything wrong in your log but I noticed you are running many IRC softwares (Trillian, mirc, Excursion). Shutdown them and try to do a virus scan and see what happens.

darl10

I just started running them again like 2 days ago long after this problem started occuring, they have been sitting idle on my computer for almost a year now, no viruses from them as i was able to do virus scans before this started happening.

Your problem is seemingly an intricate one, the causes are numerous.
I have browsed many forums about the wink32.sys issues.
It generally appears that the problem is solved after upgrading all the drivers to their last version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online