BSOD - Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ngai

Ive been getting a Windows XP Pro BSOD with the following technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF495FED ...
The computer resets before any more information is displayed.

This error has been occurring for a few months, but it occurs occasionally, i usually just let the comp reboot and choose "Start Windows Normally" and it will boot fine. However, today i did that over 10 times and it kept giving me the bsod. Then i gave up, but tried again after 15 mins or so, it booted up.

I only started getting the error after i replaced my comp's PSU (the old one died - i tested the old one on another comp) a few months ago. At the same time I decided to replace my graphics card (Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH replacing a Radeon 9200SE), and install a new sound card (SB Audigy 2 Value) and new hdd (Western Digital SATA 200G).

I suspect the error is caused by a memory problem, but I'm not sure. Any ideas of what i should do?

My comp:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton)
ABit AN7
Antec TrueBlue 430W
1GB RAM (Generic brand)
Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH
SB Audigy 2 Value
Hard disks:
Western Digital 200G SATA and 120G IDE
Seagate 200G SATA and 60G IDE

I suspect the problem is sound or graphics card related.

What I would first try:

Remove the drivers from Add/Remove for these devices, then reboot; if prompted with new hardware wizard, cancel the wizard and install the downloaded drivers. You can remove both devices at the same time but only reinstall one at a time.

Audigy 2 Value drivers

Leadtek drivers

Yep. BSODs can be related to memory but are usually indicative of a device-driver problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online