1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD, iaStor.sys

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by specter13, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. specter13

specter13 Thread Starter

Hey, I'm getting a BSOD with the following Stop Error

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OF_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF72BD25F)

*** iastor.sys - Adress F72BD25F base at F72AE000 DateStamp 42b2df42

This happens every time I start up and also I am unable to boot into Safe Mode as it is getting hung on whatever file is after Mup.sys.

My plan was to go into safe mode and update iastor.sys to a newer version but I cant. I also find it stange that this file is an issue as I only have a single hard drive and I was under the impression that this file had something to do with RAID.

Any help is much appreciated!

Computer is a Dell if that matters, as I saw something on digg about 2006 Dells having issues with iastor.sys...

2. Sparrow

Sparrow

Calling Dell, I would think the best solution.
    There seems to be several complaints about this problem.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

4. valis

valis Moderator

apparently dell has recently addressed this and has the latest driver on their site dated 6.6.06.

Although that is a few too many sixes for my personal preference.

5. specter13

specter13 Thread Starter

Any thoughts on how I go about installing the new driver without being able to boot into Safe Mode?

6. valis

valis Moderator

shouldn't have to boot into safe mode. Is that what the instructions say? Generally you can just install the driver on the fly; you may have to reboot afterwards, though.

7. specter13

specter13 Thread Starter

Can I just boot from the device on which I follow those instrucions? I am unable to start the computer at all as the BSOD comes up upon start-up every time.

8. valis

valis Moderator

if that's the case, call dell as sparrow suggested. They've got pretty decent technical support and will walk you through the steps necessary. From what I saw online, this is a known issue.

9. ctechnj

ctechnj

Am I on candid camera or is April fools day? They have decent support? I think I must be calling the wrong Dell? Their first level support is the WORST in the business. IF you can get past them it gets better not great but better. But the first level is terrible and they dont care about the single user. Also another problem is that you cant understand a single word most of them say and when you request someone who speaks good english you get a hard time. I use to push Dell products, I will not anymore as will most techs I talk to over the last year.

10. krmilkman

krmilkman

11. bbearren

bbearren

"iastor.sys" is the driver for SATA and/or RAID. I would try sfc /scannow before trying to change drivers, etc. It may be just a corrupt file.

As for Dell Support, I have had nothing but the best on the couple of occaissions I have called.

12. deskeech

deskeech

Hi,
    I've just got the same fault come up on my Fujitsi-Siemens laptop.
    Can't get to any windows screen due to BSOD coming up.
    How did you fix yours, I know it was a while ago but any help appreciated.
    Des Keech

13. deskeech

deskeech

Hi,
    I'm getting the same fault as you did. How did you eventually sort it out.
    I know it;'s a while ago but any help appreciated.
    Regards
    Des Keech

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice