1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[BSOD igxpdx32.dll] Star Wars Battlfront 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Orozco14, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

I play Star Wars Battlefront 2 and I updated my Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family Video Card version to 6.14.10.4814. But I don't remember what my previous version was because my older version didn't give a blue screen of death when I played Star Wars. I am wondering what the older version is so I could downgrade.

P.S. My computer is an Inspiron E1405

2. ACA529

ACA529

Hello, your graphics card is not powerful to handle that game. I'd recommend getting a new one. Is this a laptop???

Go to http://www.canyourunit.com and check.

3. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

I know for a fact this game can run on my computer because I have been playing for a while but then I updated my video card to version 6.14.10.4814, and now it gets a BSOD after a few maps of gaming. All I am looking for is an early video card version under this one. Thanks in advance.

4. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

P.S I am playing on a laptop.

5. ACA529

ACA529

Could you please check here first? http://www.canyourunit.com/

6. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

The only thing I am missing is the Vertex Shader but I'm telling you this game runs really smoothly with my video card.

7. Jones

Jones

Here's the list of officially supported GFX chipsets for that game:

Supported Chipsets:

*ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200 family
    *ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 family
    *ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700//X800/X900
    *NVIDIA GeForce3 family
    *NVIDIA GeForce4 family excluding the GeForce4 MX
    *NVIDIA GeForceFX family
    *NVIDIA GeForce6 family
    *NVIDIA GeForce7 family

Anything not on that list is not guaranteed to function. It appears that you got lucky by being able to run it earlier with your integrated Intel graphics, but that's all it was, luck. Without the proper hardware capabilities (shader model included), it won't run properly.

8. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

Sorry for my rudeness but wasn't anyone listening to my request? I did point out that I didn't get any Blue Screens of death when I had my old card. I am just looking for a earlier version under 6.14.10.4814 so I can play the game again.

9. Jones

Jones

We did listen. The fact that you were able to play before does not change the fact that your chipset is not supported by the game. As I mentioned, your ability to play the game previously was pure luck.

The only thing I can suggest for you at this point is to try a Windows system restore to a point earlier than the date you upgraded to the newer graphic driver. Unless you have the original driver discs that came with your PC, it can be extremely difficult to find old drivers. The newer versions are released because the manufacturer has found problems with the previous drivers, and develops fixes for them. Obviously in your case, one of the negative side effects caused Battlefront 2 to not be playable anymore.

Try the system restore, and if that doesn't work, I'm not sure that there will be any other options available to you. Good luck!

10. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

I see. Well thank you anyway for your time but I will look for a solution somehow.

11. Jones

Jones

Did you try the system restore?

It should undo any system changes you made before a certain date, and you can pick which day you want to restore to. It might solve the problem.

12. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

It won't solve the problem. My computer was reinstalled and the video driver updated.

13. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

14. Orozco14

Orozco14 Thread Starter

I tried downloading a few of these. For one, the download mirrors had errors. When I tried to download from all the mirrors what seems like Japanese shows up. If there is anything else that can downgrade my video card that would help alot.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice