1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD ---I'm totally stumped

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ApathyCre8sChaos, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ApathyCre8sChaos

ApathyCre8sChaos Thread Starter

Until recently I've been experiencing some serious multiple BSODs on a daily basis. This was also during a time when I was burning movies using Nero's Vision X-Tra program which has a movie preview screen that plays while the movie burns. If I were to run multiple applications at the same time as burning a movie, it was almost guaranteed to crash. however, I bought this rig with the sole purpose of being able to multitask and run multiple programs at once. If I run a video converter at the same time as Nero, it will crash, if I just run Nero sometimes it will crash. If I run photoshop it will crash, if I don't do anything but use a P2P program and browse the net, it will crash, but sporadically, and recently I have not been burning as many movies because I hate the PC crashing as much as it does and it has been crashing less. I thought it was the drivers for the video card I have which is an ATI Radeon 4650 which I found out on another blog site were the main cause of other people's PCs crashing as well as the BIOS version for my particular mobo, so I updated the drivers for the video card and updated the BIOS and for about 24 hours or a little less everything was great, and I thought the issue was resolved, and then BAM! Yet again, another BSOD. Soooooo, I have been dealing with this for months now and have researched it to hell and back with no luck. I am going crazy with not knowing how to fix this, and I am minidump error file illiterate so i finally had to cry out for help from the professionals. I would be extraordinarily grateful to anyone who would take a look at the minidump files I have attached to this post. I don't know how to narrow it down to whether its a hardware issue or a software issue, but my gut instinct tells me its related to my video card ( though my gut instinct has been known to almost get me killed for being completely wrong). Thanks ahead of time.

Attached Files:

2. fel1x

fel1x

almost all of your crashes are ntoskrnl.exe

start type cmd right click it run as administrator then type sfc /scannow enter leave it to run

if it finds anything repeat the command

then do a full check disc either cmd or via explorer (right click C drive properties tools error check tick both re boot)

if problems persist then you will need more indepth assistance so post back then

3. zorgan

zorgan

right click c drive goto properties, tools, check now, automatically fix file system errors.
    your system may have to re-boot before it checks your hard drive (data integrity check) known as chkdsk command.

download bootable cd with memtest

http://www.memtest.org/

download bootable cd with seatools

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

run both to see if your memory and your hard drive are in shape physically.

let me know how you get on please.

Zorgan.

4. ApathyCre8sChaos

ApathyCre8sChaos Thread Starter

Thanks guys for your help/input. i am currently reading these postings from work so I will have to wait until I go home to implement any of these troubleshooting techniques. I will post back once finished. Thanks again!

5. croy

croy

im also having blue screen on my computer when i shut down or restart it. not all the time, but i think 6 times already. my computer is kinda new. so im not really sure if the hardware is to blame. im getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 7 32-bit. anybody knows how to fix this?

6. croy

croy

my computer specs are ECS G41T-M6, Core 2 Duo E7500, GeForce GT240, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
    i already memtested my computer for about 3hrs. didnt get any errors. i also changed my previous video card (HD 5550) to GT240. im still experiencing blue screen unexpectedly.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice