BSOD in the last 2 days - New LG Monitor the Cause?

blues_harp28

I stumbled over abit of kit called TRON thats meant to help find virus and other issues in Windows10, Do you know about it?
I have never heard of Tron - you have Kaspersky installed and it came back clean, that is a good anti-virus program.
Downloaded malwarebytes earlier and that found 5 infections which i have qurentined.
Look in Malwarebytes log file and post here what it found.
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
======
Run system file checker, post #14 and report back if that comes back clean.

bradley27

When looking into Malwarebytes this is the only string i have

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS
and then inside LOGS is a text document named MBAMSERVICE

blues_harp28

Malwarebytes log file - click on the latest log file it should open on notepad and post it below.
Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
Click the Detection History card.
Click the History tab.
Hover your cursor over the report you want to view and click the eye icon
A Summary window displays to show the threat details, the protection date and time, and the action executed. For more details, click the Advanced tab in this window.
If you want to download the full report, click Export, then click either Copy to Clipboard or Text File (*.txt).
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc...ports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows
======
System file checker is showing no problems found.

blues_harp28

Yes it looks clear but run Malwarebytes again and check under scan options Rootkits: Enabled.
-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
Let us know if anything is found this time.
======
Check Device Manager
Click Start button > run > type devmgmt.msc
Expand all entries one at a time.
Check for any yellow exclamation/question marks.
Are there any errors showing?
Right click > properties > update driver.

bradley27

Right, enabled the rootkit option as suggested and the scan was drastically longer than the other earlier but the rootkit section of the scan completed as fine however the scan got to about 1hr 56 (not finished and no infections at this point) and then the PC failed and did its 9th maybe 10th BSOD today. I then tried to come on here to report this on here and it failed again so whatever this thing is...its becoming almost impossible to complete anything without failure now.

I checked the device manager and that had no yellow flags and all drivers were telling me they were up to date.

I do feel like at times the PC is quite slow and laggy to do the simplest of actions and thats also quite unusual

bradley27

I just popped up the windows installed updates list and i can see 3 updates that were installed this month...

Update for Windows (KB5005539) - 12th Oct
Security Update for MS Windows (KB5006670) - 15th Oct
Feature Update to Windows 10 21H1 - last night

bradley27

Also just tried Windows Support chat any was suggested to delete the cache for the %temp% and prefetch folders and then run a reboot memory test (which ive already done with your suggestion)....the guy that was guiding me said all issues will be gone after a restart and scan...i did laugh to myself thinking "Dude....it aint a simple issue here trust me" anyway so they were pretty useless.

blues_harp28

I have edited one word from your last post - it is a family friendly site, please remember that,
What USB devices do you have connected to the pc?
Remove all USB devices, apart from keyboard and mouse.

Check that cable connection between monitor and pc is tight and secure. Are you still using the older monitor?

I'd remove all ram sticks and test with one stick and start and use the pc.
Test each ram stick in different slots.
Run the memtest on each ram stick.

blues_harp28

In addition to the above: checking the ram sticks one at a time, as that would eliminate bad ram - roll back the drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce graphics card.
Having the latest drivers installed is not a must have and may well be causing your problem. Keep us updated.

bradley27

Sorry for the silence, its hard to give this a look in during the week due to work but i will feed back ASAP on current whereabouts

bradley27

So yesterday i was using the PC with no BSODs all evening, had the music on, the internet was on and i was working on some files and i thought maybe it had somehow fixed itself...tonight, was on a few browsers (no different than yesterday) and suddenly everything froze and a few moments after i got a DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTION VIOLATION BSOD message and then sortly after it restarted had another different BSOD fail with a different cause...So the issue still persists.

Attachments

blues_harp28

Minidump check x 3
PHP:
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL

Debugging Details:
------------------
PROCESS_NAME:  explorer.exe

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KeAccumulateTicks+20634a

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe
===
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.

Debugging Details:
------------------
Key  : Analysis.Elapsed

Ndu!NduOutboundTransportClassify+0x2b5:
fffff807`7f3d4425 f0480fc108      lock xadd qword ptr [rax],rcx ds:002b:ffff9786`c5b7dd40=????????????????

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

PROCESS_NAME:  System

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

MODULE_NAME: Ndu

IMAGE_NAME:  Ndu.sys

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  AV_STACKPTR_ERROR_Ndu!NduOutboundTransportClassify

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {47d16922-bbb0-7e41-1458-55c4cef74b36}

Followup:     MachineOwner
---------
Two of the 3 minidumps are pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe - which is not telling us much.
One is pointing to Ndu.sys
IMAGE_NAME: Ndu.sys
https://www.systemlookup.com/Drivers/8424-Ndu_sys.html
You could try updating your network card driver
======
Where the blue screen error is reported is not necessarily where it first started and may not be the cause, as we seem to be finding with your pc.
======
a few moments after i got a DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTION VIOLATION BSOD message
Have you ever run DRIVER VERIFIER - it where it stress test all installed driver and will blue screen when a faulty one is found?
I am not suggesting running Driver Verifier, I have never needed to use it and cannot guide you in using it and it has been known to ruin a system completely.
======
Have you overclocked the system?
======
Did you run Malwarebytes again with Rootkits enabled in scan options?
Report back what it finds.
How many sticks of ram do you have - did you run a memtest on each stick and in different slots? Let us know if it passes the tests.
======
Run a hard drive test.
SeaTools for DOS tutorial - ISO to CD or USB.
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201271en?language=en_US
ISO to USB
======
Check for overheating.
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online