1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSoD: Intermittent Page Fault in Non-Paged Area

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ricem84, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricem84

ricem84 Thread Starter

About once a day, my computer crashes with a BSoD, giving a "page fault in non-paged area" message. I am not necessarily using it. Many times it happens when I am not there. I know this because it automatically reboots after the message and none of my formerly opened programs are there. Minidumps attached. Any help please would be appreciated. I saw other threads for this, but they were all closed. I called a repair company, and they wanted to reinstall everything on my hard drive, which is not something I want to do since I went through this already in the last couple months.

Also, I have McAfee OAS, which is scanning VERY slowly. I don't know if this message is a virus problem, but if anyone can recommend a better antivirus company, please do.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3069 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT , 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 228502 MB, Free - 58312 MB; D: Total - 9969 MB, Free - 4594 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, , Rev1.91.24, 0123456789012345
    Antivirus: Panda Cloud Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1010369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice