1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD-Kernal data inpage error, now desktop crash with Registry error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pdel, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdel

pdel Thread Starter

Hi,

I've been having Kernal data inpage error which I assume is from a faulty harddrive (or maybe the RAM?!). I occasionally get a disk check during bootup, which didn't seem to help. I was saving up to buy a hybrid SSD/HDD drive before replacing it, but now it seems a bit too late.

Yesterday after a windows update, I rebooted my computer and the desktop was running very slow, nothing would open, explorer.exe would crash, I would be stuck in desktop until I force shutdown by holding the power switch (Shutdown didnt work), after doing this once or twice, I now get a BSOD again with a registry error right after the desktop loads for 1-2 seconds. X051 error code I think.

What step should I take now to diagnose the problem?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice