1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD - Kernel Data Inpage Error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CloudofDarkness, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CloudofDarkness

CloudofDarkness Thread Starter

Hi all,

Need some help urgently.

Since last Sunday, I have been getting BSOD - Kernel Data Inpage Error. I do not know what happened. It is occuring every 20-40 minutes everyday and its very disrupting.

Here is what happen:
    Using computer normally like surfing the internet etc, I wasnt even gaming. Then all of the sudden, the screen locks up for like 3 to 5 seconds, before the BSOD appears then it auto reboot. The BSOD appear so briefly that I can only catch KERNAL DATA INPAGE on screen. Immediately after the auto reboot right after the Windows screen and before my login screen there will be an error message mentioned something about 'cannot find reboot' or something along these lines. I couldnt do anything at that screen. I would have to manually off and on my computer again before it will boot up normally. Then the cycle repeats after about 20-40 minutes of usage. There is no Windows Help message like 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown' etc.

I am suspecting it may be due to my wireless adapter as my wireless adapter stopped working after a few times of BSOD occurs. I would have to troubleshoot to manually on the adapter. I have checked Device Manager, no exclamation marks on any devices.

I do not recalled doing anything out of the norm prior to the event of BSOD appearing other than the usual Windows Update. I recalled updating my Nvidia drivers but since the BSOd I have rollback to the previous driver but BSOD still occur.

I am baffled and I seriously hope that its not some hardware problem as its a laptop, just pass my 12 months warranty only.

If anything helps, I am on Windows 7 64 bits.

2. dai

dai

3. CloudofDarkness

Hi Dai,

Thanks for your advice. I just did what you have told me to do. Let's hope the BSOD doesnt happen again. Will update!

4. dai

dai

ok see how you go

5. CloudofDarkness

Hi,

Good news. BSOD stops.

Bad news. Random lock up after a few minutes of usage. Locks up a few seconds. Then its fine. Then locks up a few seconds again. I went to My Computer and noticed that my drives are all missing. Except their name such as OS (C:), DATA (D:). Then nothing else respond. No matter what I click no respond. Mouse cursor is still moving as per my hands. CTRL ALT DELETE, some message saying that the OS cannot be found etc. Then go to a black screen 'Reboot and select propert boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'.

Nothing works and so the cycle begin. So far it does to me 3 times..

6. dai

dai

7. CloudofDarkness

Hi. I've seen your link but I cant determine what brand my laptop HDD is. I tried going to Device Manager but no brand is shown. I can boot up my PC. I am guessing HDD load fine. Perhaps you can help me identify the brand. I dont really know what you meant by 'd/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive'..

8. dai

dai

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice