Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsod loop after unplugged power while shutting down

901 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
Help!! I’m stuck in repair loop and have tried every known possible solution and option from command prompts and system factory reset everything on advanced options menu does not work and I have bad system config info code error

#2 ·
Hi, Mario.

Try this:

Enter the Recovery Environment from the Advanced Boot Options
  • Start by shutting down your computer.
  • Press on the power button on the case to turn it on.
  • After the computer is about 3 - 5 seconds into the boot-up process, hold down the power button to shut down the computer.
  • Repeat the above process once again.
  • For the third time, turn on the computer and allow it to boot up.
  • If you completed the process correctly, a message saying Preparing Automatic Repair should appear.
  • In a few seconds, another message will appear stating Diagnosing your PC and Automatic Repair will open.
  • When you reach the Automatic Repair screen, click on Advanced Options.
  • At the next screen, select Troubleshoot.
  • When you see the next screen, select Advanced Options.
  • You will get several options.
  • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type the following commands one-by-one, Enter after each one.
      Bootrec /rebuildbcd
      Bootrec /fixMBR
      Bootrec /fixboot
  • Once the processes have completed, exit the command prompt and restart your system.
  • See if the error has been fixed and let us know.

#13 ·
Do you have any data you need to get off this computer? If yes then make a ubuntu bootable usb or dvd
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview NO install needed

Or here is a Youtbe on how to make the usb

Copy your data to an external drive or another computer/nas.

Insert the usb or cd/dvd and boot your system. You may have to change bios settings to boot from the usb or cd/dvd(every computer is different) We can help with this.

When the computer boots choose TRY UBUNTU and let the system boot.

When booted look on the left-hand side of the screen and click on Files icon
Then click on Other Locations
Click on your drive for example Win 7
Click on Users Icon
Click on your name listed under users

You should now see your data e.g Documents Pictures etc.
Copy your data to an external drive or another computer/nas.
When finished Click on the shutdown icon in the top right-hand corner Click on Power Off

After you get the data it might be best to do a fresh install of windows
I will give instructions if you need them

#14 ·
I agree. If you need to copy/backup data files use the linux live usb. Before attempting to install windows, I would test the hard drive. You can test the drive with the drive mfg's diagnostic. This can also run from bootable media ie usb or CD.

On a modern system, it takes <10min to install win10. Another hour or so to install your software, drivers, etc and you are done. You could spend a LOT of time attempting to fix this system OR just clean install and be done.

#15 ·
I agree. If you need to copy/backup data files use the linux live usb. Before attempting to install windows, I would test the hard drive. You can test the drive with the drive mfg's diagnostic. This can also run from bootable media ie usb or CD.

On a modern system, it takes <10min to install win10. Another hour or so to install your software, drivers, etc and you are done. You could spend a LOT of time attempting to fix this system OR just clean install and be done.
Any option is better than no solution lol i will try asap system restore etc all of those options fail or won't complete

#17 ·
Then download the windows 10 tool - Minimum 8gig USB required

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

and use that to reinstall windows.

Have only one drive connected

*** NB A reinstall will delete all data from the drive***

Here is an excellent youtube video on how to install win 10 from usb

How To Install Windows 10 From USB - YouTube

Before doing any install, it is a good idea to go to the support page for your system. Download the drivers you are going to need ie chipset, sound, video, wireless, etc. While win10 has a lot of native drivers, microsoft drivers are designed for ease of use and are NOT designed for any type of performance. Store these drivers on another usb or you can even just make a folder on your install usb when you are finished making the install usb. Copy the drivers into that folder.

When you are finished with the install, then install your drivers. Install the chipset first then the rest of them. Reboot each time when prompted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.