1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD loop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Petwouters, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petwouters

Petwouters Thread Starter

Hi guys

Hope you can help. Am not a techie so keep it simple please...
    When I got back from work today I noticed the feared BSOD on my home computer screen. Since then I've been trying to restart, try system repair, boot from the Vista cd rom etc... All to no avail.

First, the BSOD I keep getting is hopefully attached.

My OS is Vista 32 bit, Dell XPS 420.

Things I tried:

1. Reboot - fails each time
    2. Start in safe mode - doesn't work
    3. Try to load last working config, doesn't work
    4. Reboot from Vista Cd-ROM, also doesn't work

Ok so when I reboot I get the option of starting windows normally or to select windows system restore. Tried the latter and it worked once, but after that it never wants to 'select', I.e. when I try to select it, it just takes me back to the selection screen.

Am getting somewhat stressed and worried about it. Is there anything you could suggest I try or is this a trip to the repair shop?

Many, many thanks
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

the first thing i would try is typing the error codes (0x00...) into bing and see what comes up. if it's a vista computer, it may be time to reload the os, you have to do this sometimes. if you have a backup of your data, no problem. if you have things you need to get, you can remove the hard drive and place it in another computer and get it that way. it may have been an update causing the error, i have seen that before. we had an update that crashed all our xp computers, talk about a pain, we had over 100,000 nationwide, a lot of them xp. try the error codes first, it may point you in the right direction and save a reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice