1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD Memory_Management

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JfErSeUaSk, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JfErSeUaSk

JfErSeUaSk Thread Starter

Ok, I have read a ton of posts on here for the same issue that i Have been having, but none have been for the same reasons.. So that is the only reason why I am posting my own. I have tried to ZIP my mini dumps but for some reason i cannot zip them and I get an error that says "FIle not found or no read permission"

SO anywho. here is what is going on

I started getting the BSOD Mem_Mgmt maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I had a stick of my corsair ram go bad (prolly a year ago) and I decided to finally fix it. so I went to Best Buy, bought some ram to replace it temporarially and then I RMAed my ram. got it back very quickly, thanks Corsair... turned on my computer (idk why, but I did) to change out memory. realized that i started my computer and they proceeded to shut it down but before i could it came up with the BSOD. i thought it was the PNY mem that i had bought so i quickly shut everything down, installed the replacement Corsair ram, turned on the system, and everything worked fine. went to open Firefox and BSOD.

I have since tried another set of RAM, replaced my HDD and my power supply... I am left to think it is either my graphics card or my Mobo. recently i have also started getting the display driver shut down error with a nvlddmkm message.

my setup is the
    CPU - Intel Q6700 Quad-Core 2.66 gHz
    MOBO - EVGA 780i
    GC - EVGA 8800 GTS KO 512mb GDDR2
    RAM - TWIN2x4096-6400C5DHX
    OS - WIndows Vista 32-bit Home Premium
    PS - OCG 700w

what does everyone think?
    Thank you.

ps, i would like to spend as little money as possible more to replace parts. I have my wedding to pay for this summer and my fiancee is pretty upset that i have to spend money on my computer. but I make a living with CS3 Photoshop and Illustrator and when my computer likes to crash often, it hurts business.
    Early next year I plan on upgrading the comp to an i7.. i would like to not have to drop 7-800 now. but we will see

2. joeten

joeten

3. Bernardo

Bernardo

Let me get this straight. You changed out the memory WHILE the computer was on????????? :eek:

4. JfErSeUaSk

no, i shut the computer down. I am not stupid when it comes to computers. it was prolly 6:30 am and I wasnt thinking. but the comp was off.

oh and I have tried installing the newest drivers for all of my components at least 3 times each.. but I will try it again.

and I am certain it is not the RAM. i have tried 3 different sets, none change the BSOD.

5. joeten

joeten

Hi can you copy the dumpfiles to a folder zip it up and attach to your post you should find them under C:\windows\minidumps

6. JfErSeUaSk

I have tried but they wont zip... I have win zip. any other zip program I should try? I have used WinZip all my life and never had an issue with it.

7. joeten

joeten

8. JfErSeUaSk

I will take a look at this all in the morning. A friend of mine told me he believed it was the GDDR from my GC... so I bought a new GC and installed it tonight. so far no issues. I will put it through more extensive testing tomorrow. as for now, i have an early morning meeting to prep for. aka sleep.

9. JfErSeUaSk

ok, changing graphics cards didnt solve the problem. so I tried to zip the files. and they still wont zip. I cannot get permission. so I have tried downloading take ownership programs without luck, access denied. I have tried Admin CMD, withouth luck. ERROR: FIle or Directory not found (tried a few dozen times, i know it is being input correctly). IDK what else to do. I really enjoyed vista up until now. now I understand why every person I have ever met hates it.

10. joeten

joeten

11. JfErSeUaSk

So, let me get this straight. I am going to crash my computer a few times? is this going to create more minidump files?

will I actually be able to zip these, because I still cannot figure out how to zip those files. I have tried those ownership programs with no luck.

you can add another thing to the list above. I just noticed that when my computer starts up my 2.66gHz processor posts at 2.4gHz. Could this have anything to do with my comp messing up? I dont over clock the system. never have, in fact I dont even know how, not that google isnt one click away. but I have no reason to. so idk if that matters either.

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for offering their help.

12. Bernardo

Bernardo

Try accessing the bios setup, and see if you have the option to put things back to default values there. Save changes when exiting.

Then go back and see if the cpu is showing correctly.

13. joeten

joeten

Hi try using winzip,7zip,winrar for the files

14. JfErSeUaSk

Bernardo. yes, thanks, my CPU is posting normal

I still cannot get access to do anything with the files. I tried all 3 programs mentioned and all continue to deny access. even after I right click and take control/give access it says the same thing.

15. joeten

joeten

Hi are you denied access to anything else

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice