1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debbiesg, Nov 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. debbiesg

debbiesg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Debbie
    I get the BSOD a couple times a week. I don't know how to interpret what it says. How do I fix this problem and where should I start?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you have the error code, or any text that could help us?

3. debbiesg

debbiesg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Debbie
    Where would I find that information?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It would be in the Blue Screen

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It would really help if you posted your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    Does this bsod occur when you run a game or other specific program or are they completely random?

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    From this thread https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-operating-system.1203666/
    it's probably Dell 8700 XPS that came with Vista and Win 7 was installed later.

I'm not 100% positive that all the correct drivers for Win 7 are installed if it is the same computer in the thread from 2018. Also if MS was allowed to install driver updates, that can cause issues too.

When did the Blue Screens start?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice