1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD, New motherboard Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ragafundoo, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ragafundoo

ragafundoo Thread Starter

Hello, i have recently Changed my motherboard.(my motherboard name is Gigabyte G31m-e2sl).And i am getting BSODs ever since. It's not like i was also getting BSOD before installing new motherboard.But i am guessing that this is a new problem.Again,I want to say that this is my guess only.Ok,whenever I am doing something like playing games or browsing internet ,i get BSOD which says: [​IMG].
    Next time,when I restart the computer, i get the message that "System has recovered from a serious error".When i click on what the report contains, i get this :[​IMG].
    Then I went to event viewer and looked for an error at the same time of crash and i found this : [​IMG]
    When i clicked on Microsoft Help and support link i got this : [​IMG]

Apart from this my lan driver which I downloaded from this site "http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3485#dl"and driver name is "Atheros AR8131/AR8132 Driver" ,when i run it on my system it says Installer cannot find Atherosfamily eternet controller on your system".(thought this would help)

There are 2 more things which I think may help:

1. While installing motherboard , i found out that 2 pins of my cpu fan were broken,My friend repaired them and applied coolant.I am not sure if he fixed it completely or not.So, i went ahead and took a snapshot of speed fan software,which I am posting here : [​IMG] .

2.After every BSOD i get, my clock resets itself to 1 january 2009(i have no idead what that means) i hope you do .

Thanks for reading this detailed summary of my system's comdition.PLZZZ help!!!!!

2. dai

dai

for a start replace the cmos battery

did you run the m/board setup disk when you changed the m/board

did you do a repair or clean install of windows

check the cpu fan speed in the bios and the 12v line volts and cpu temp and post them

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

3. empty213

empty213

Complete system specifications please.. What model is your RAM, is your RAM compatible with the new motherboard?

4. ragafundoo

ragafundoo Thread Starter

My RAMs are
    1. Kingston 2 GB DDR2 Kingston KVR 667D2N5/2G -1.8V

2 Simmtronics 1GB DDR2 PC80J.

My Graphic Card is :
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Got this from BIOS:
    Vcore:1.268V
    DDR18V 1.904V
    +3.3V 3.296V
    +12V 11.921V
    Current CPU Temp : 29degree C
    Current CPU Fan Speed : 1467 rpm

Now about questions :
    1. No, I didnt had motherboard CD,so i searched for its drivers from internet.
    2.At first i didnt, i got blue screen.So I installed a new windows but blue screen kept on coming.I am going to reinstall it again and hope for the best.
    3. I dont know how can I find out if my RAMs are compatible with motherboard or not. Plz tell....

Meanwhile I replaced the battery.I will tell you tomorrow if it is working OK or not.
    Also Before replacing battery I got another BSOD ,this time with another error .Here it is :

[​IMG]

5. dai

dai

i cannot find the voltage for the simtronics ram is it listed on the rams sticker

run memtest on the ram 1 stick at a time

http://www.memtest.org/

see how it runs with only one brand of ram in

i am wondering if the ram is mismatched,mismatched speeds are not much of a problem as it will just run at the lower speed

but they must match up at the same voltage

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you download the mobo drivers from Gigabyte ? You should not google for drivers as that brings up a lot of scam sites that claim to provide drivers. Only go to your mobo site for drivers.

Are the drivers made for XP ? Drivers are different from XP to Vista and later. So since you are using XP, you need XP version of the drivers.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not see where you ever answered if you clean installed windows. When you change a mb, you either have to clean install windows OR you have to follow a procedure outlined at the top of the forum for swapping mb.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, I do see you clean installed windows. Stop errors are very often ram; run the memtest that dai linked to for you.

When you install windows, you install in the following order;
    1 Install windows
    2 Update to latest service pack
    3 Install chipset/mb drivers
    4 Install nic, sound, and video driver
    5 If all is well, then activate windows then make an image backup of your system drive
    6 Do microsoft update and install all critical updates; repeat until there are no more updates to do

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice