1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by anim8tr, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anim8tr

anim8tr Thread Starter

I've been getting a BSOD for several months now. In the past it's been so sporadic, so I've never been able to identify specific actions that produce it the most. Based on a message in this forum, I went ahead and installed BlueScreenView and have found that about 80% of these crashes are caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. Of those 80% occurrences, 50% are caused by the ntoskrnl.exe+6a626 address.

Most times I'll get the BSOD when coming out of "Stand By" mode. I've also run memtest86+ and it passed all tests. Most of the time I also have an external hard drive connected. I've also run Verifier, but was unable to produce a BSOD.

Can someone could get me to the next sequence of things I should try to diagnose this issue? I appreciate it!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice