1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD occurs every once in a while... inserting device sound before shutdown.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SangsBleus, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SangsBleus

SangsBleus Thread Starter

BSOD occurs every once in a while. It's become more frequent in the past week, totaling two times. I read somewhere that unplugging USBs while shutting down might be apart of the problem, so I've come to the conclusion that it is the problem because none of the other causes... fit.

Almost every time I power down the computer the sound comes on that signals that inserting/unplugging of an external device. If you don't understand what sound I'm talking about, it's like that... "duh-nuh" sound you hear when you plug in an iPod, a camera, a USB, or something of the sort. Anyway, I always unplug my iPod before I shut down the computer because I've been trying to stop this issue (it's been scaring the hell out of me). However, shortly after I started making sure I did that that sound occurs everytime before shut down.

Help, please? All answers are appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice