1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD of many types need help please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Salagoth, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salagoth

Salagoth Thread Starter

I am having some crazy bsod issues, I get page faults, usb.sys, ntfs.sys and a few other bsods, I have replaced ram, tested the video card
    ]
    completely reformatted after removing the original partition and creating a new one, made sure all drivers are up to date. The system is an AMD dual core 3.11g system with an Asus M3n board, 4g ram, Geforce 9600gt 1G card, running [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]windows [COLOR=blue !important]XP[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    , I even get Bsod when I tried to reformat, I tested the hard drive and it also tested as good. I had the bsod happen once about a 8 months ago then last month it went crazy, now it happens mostly while trying to play eve or Lotro. The system also has a LG super/ulti CDDVD writer. the system also has a 680w PSU. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated, not gaming is killing me. The HD is a western [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]digital[/COLOR][/COLOR] 350G. The system never overheats as it has multiple fans, good ventilation and is out in the open on the side o my desk.

After the last Bsod there was nothing in Event viewer to report. I am running windows XP Pro sp3

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. Salagoth

Salagoth Thread Starter

System Information (local)
    </B>
    computer name: COMPANY-8D3C1D0
    windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
    windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ AMD586, level: 15
    2 logical processors, active mask: 3
    RAM: 3488653312 total
    VM: 2147352576, free: 2042011648

Crash Dump Analysis

</B>
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 1/7/2011 11:00:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010711-02.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT+0x650A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x40000004, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFB340B50A)
    Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/7/2011 7:50:32 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010711-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: rdbss.sys (rdbss+0x54A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8060DF91, 0xFFFFFFFFAFF88C4C, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rdbss.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

</B>
    2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed.
    Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice