1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD On alternate hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zerieth, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerieth

zerieth Thread Starter

Hi all you computer guru's.

I have a friend with an issue that I think you can all help with, whoever bites this one first.

Recently his computer suffered a virus attack during a adobe flash player upgrade. Suspecting it piggy backed on that but I wasn't on site then.

When I looked at it today it BSOD'd. I didn't have the chance to get the error at the time so i'll be sure to get that the second I can. I think I'll focus on the were's and what for's.

The virus hit a 1 tera drive he recently put in to max out space. It's been working for months. He has about a gajillion games on his computer and runs pretty much all (Vindictus, Blockland, Eve Online, oh me :eek: ) Everything worked fine until his adobe incident. AVG apparently detected it but he either wasn't careful enough or smart enough to act on it right away. His computer restarted on the adobe download a few minutes after AVG cried foul.

After the restart BSOD. I went out there today and we tried pulling the drive since Windows is on his other drive. Boom problem solved. I really don't want to chuck a big drive like that into the can and I'm worried his other drive is infected. I have no clue when the payload on this drops but signs are pointing to immediately.

Sitting right next to me are two windows XP desk tops I dont use any more (My laptop can run circles around them :cool:) I am loathe to plug it into one of them but if I need to I will for ya'll.

Any assistace you guys can render me will be much appreciated.

(Didn't know were to stick this but I assume its software related move it if you need to.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice