1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD On Cat5 Cable connect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Vikedal, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vikedal

Vikedal Thread Starter

Code:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7662C00)

NDIS.sys -- Address F7662C00 Base at F764D000, Datestamp 41107EC3

Dumping Physical Memory to disk: ###

Whenever i plug a Network cable in while the computer, about 3 seconds later it Blue Screens with this message. However, if i restart the computer with a network cable plugged in, it'll run fine on the network. but if i put it in standby or hibernate with the cable plugged in, it'll blue screen. If i unplug the cable and hibernate or standby, it'll shutdown and startup fine, but when i plug the network cable back in, bam. Any ideas?

2. endfro

endfro

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for your NIC? While the cable is unplugged that is.

3. Vikedal

Vikedal Thread Starter

I haven't tried that, but i'll try that next.

4. Vikedal

Vikedal Thread Starter

Reinstalled the drivers, and got the same error. Still BSOD's when i plug in a Cat5 Cable *AFTER* a standy or hibernation. it works fine after a reboot.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like you need to replace the nic card or add a pci ethernet card.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice