1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD on Dell

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Tropicalgirl, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tropicalgirl

Tropicalgirl Thread Starter

I am having the same issues with my Dell. I have windows vista though, do I do the same thing as xp?

2. Tropicalgirl

Sorry for spelling. Using iPhone because my Dell computer won't start!

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi and welcome.
    First click on the Red report button in your post and ask the Moderators to move your post to the Vista forum.

Then let us have as much information about the error message that you receive at start up.
    And what happened prior to your problem - did you install new Hardware - software programs etc.

4. Tropicalgirl

I'm sorry but I don't have a red button. If I do not sure where it is

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I've split your posts off from the other thread to this new thread in the correct forum.

Please post exactly what issue you are having and all the details pertaining to it and to your Dell computer.

6. Tropicalgirl

I have a Dell inspiron with windows vista. My computer froze yesterday. When I tried to reboot all it does is go to green bars running across like it does when it usually starts but now it will not go any further. I have ran several tests from the function 12 key and I get error message 2000-0146. I have not installed any new hardware on it recently. My warranty ran out 4 days ago. Typical! Can anyone give me any advice please?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    4 days? Call Dell, if its really close they should honor the warranty.

The error means there is a fault with the hard drive, almost certainly you will need to replace the hard drive.

8. Tropicalgirl

I just called Dell and they said no. My warranty was up 4 days ago and that is the deadline!

9. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice