1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD on internet usage

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BH19, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

I recently did a system restore and my computer runs great, that is until I try to use my DSL, sometimes I can use it for 5 minutes, other times it crashes instantly, I am still only using SP1, as automatic updates causes the error to, I cannot install my Kasperky either untill I have updated my computer. Anyone have any ideas? This is the Error I get after I turned of restart on system failure.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x048DOC55,Ox00000002,0x00000000,0x048DOC55)

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

4. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

It is leagal version of XP, I cannot run automatic upadates as anything that requires usage of the internet crashes to the BSOD, so i cannot update any of my drivers, unless I were to DL them all and do it manually with a flash drive. Anything I need off that computer will have to be taken off via flash drive.
    MiniDump folder
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5b2ntzmrjum

5. Phantom010

nv4_mini.sys is in most of your minidump files. It's a NVIDIA video driver. Try updating it. If no luck, uninstall and reinstall it instead.

6. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

alright thank you, I will see what I can do.

7. Phantom010

Keep us posted! [​IMG]

8. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

Well everything seemed to work fine for a while after I updated the NVIDIA driver, Auto updated to SP2 and now I get BSOD on startup sometimes well really just randomly now,

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xE3302927, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF71972D5)
    *** USPPORT.SYS - Address F71972D5 Base at F718E000, DateStamp 41107d62

I have been running now for almost an hour without any problems after installing a manual update for SP2.

9. Phantom010

Got any new minidumps from those crashes?

10. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

11. Phantom010

You've already updated your video driver. There's also a few minidump files pointing to your NVIDIA network driver, USBPORT drivers...

I think it's a general memory issue.

From blues_harp28,

Windows stop DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

Cause:

This error is generated when a driver or part of Windows attempts to access pageable memory using the IRQL kernel process that is invalid.
    1. Bad hardware drivers.
    2. Bad memory or mismatched memory.
    3. Corrupt or bad Virtual Memory page file.
    Try the following:

Install the latest service packs (Install SP3):

Hardware drivers that are installed by third-party programs commonly cause this issue. Many of the errors will not be encountered if you have the latest Microsoft Windows Service Pack installed on the computer

or,

Corrupt or bad Virtual Memory page file

If you've followed the above steps and are continuing to experience this issue this error can also be caused by a bad virtual memory page file. To correct this issue follow the below steps.
    1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and Open the System icon.
    2. In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
    3. Click the Settings button under Performance.
    4. Click the Advanced tab.
    5. Click the Change button under Virtual Memory.
    6. Select No paging file and then click each of the Ok buttons until all windows are closed.
    7. Restart Windows.
    8. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and Open the System icon.
    9. In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
    10. Click the Settings button under Performance.
    11. Click the Advanced tab.
    12. Click the Change button under Virtual Memory.
    13. Click System managed size and then click each of the Ok buttons until all windows are closed.
    14. Restart the computer.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001143.htm

12. Phantom010

I would definitely go with updating your SP1 to SP3. You are WELL overdue! [​IMG]

13. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

Yea if these work I will defiantly be making a backup of XP with SP3 this time, so that I wont ever have to go back to SP1 and chance having these problems again I hope these work, This was suppose to be a easy clean wipe now its a pain trying to DL all these updates while constantly crashing.

14. BH19

BH19 Thread Starter

Well I'm now able to stay on this computer without crashing(that I know of it was the virtual memory), but theres some things that worry me, Windows firewall/ICS service will not start, and i cannot manually start it by going to control panel>administrative Tools>Services>Windows Firewall/ICS Connection.

There are also 3 Windows updates that will not install, they are all before SP3 which has finally finished updating a while ago.
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB969059)
    Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

15. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Firewall..try.
    Click start>run>type
    cmd
    Click Ok
    At the command prompt, type.
    Netsh firewall reset

Press enter.

The updates should be covered by the install of SP3>no need to worry about them.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice