BSOD on laptop (Windows 10)

enigmadragon

Phil
Hi everybody sorry I haven't posted anything in a while I've been lazy about my computer. I took the hard drive out today but when I tried putting it into the hard drive enclosure it didn't work. So I don't know if I bought the wrong one or I'm putting it in wrong or what.

enigmadragon

Phil
Can you send a pic of your hard drive showing the connection end
The enclosure I bought is for a 2.5 inch hdd which is about the size of a phone but my hdd is about the size of a flash drive so I don't know what to search for on Amazon.

Attachments

enigmadragon

Phil
Thanks lynx1021 this stuff is so overwhelming. It's going on almost two months now since this happened with my computer I procrastinated a little bit but still why does technology have to be a pain.
I been working with computers since I got my first one in 1998 and learned through the school of "hard Knocks", I still learn something new every day!

enigmadragon

Phil
I been working with computers since I got my first one in 1998 and learned through the school of "hard Knocks", I still learn something new every day!
I remember playing on computers in grad school I'm 41. My parents couldn't afford me a computer when I was a kid but I can pic most of this stuff up. This is a "hard Knocks" thing to happen to me. At least I know where to come if something goes wrong with my computer. I tried Windows forum and nobody did anything to help.

Last edited:
Once this gets sorted you can put the other caddy to good use. Add an ssd and you have a backup

enigmadragon

Phil
I got my enclosure yesterday and took all the files of the hdd today now I just need to worry about my computer. I might just have to buy a new one.

I got my enclosure yesterday and took all the files of the hdd today now I just need to worry about my computer. I might just have to buy a new one.
If you have the files you need you should not need to buy a new computer/
Download the windows 10 tool and reinstall windows on the computer.
This will wipe all programs and data but you have a copy and can put the data back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online