Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD on laptop (Windows 10)

9K views 172 replies 8 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
When I turn on my computer I get the bsod and it says "your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart I will do it for you." After it restarts it says its preparing automatic repairs. This is the problem I'm stuck at. I've tried to boot in safe mode no luck. I've tried to do a system restore and it says I have none. I've even tried to reset PC so I can keep my files and then reinstall windows but I can't even do that. I'm willing to try anything because I have no idea what to do.

#12 ·
If you have a spare HDD available you can remove the one in your computer and replace it with the other HDD and make a fresh install of W10 and install updates. You will have to install all programs you previously had in your old HDD. You can save the old HDD to save your important documents or to get them manually from there. Once completed you can either reformat the HDD and use it as a backup or save it somewhere safe in your house or work place.

#13 ·
To start up with a USB ( whether Linux Live or Windows setup) you need to tell BIOS that you want to start up with the USB instead of your usual hard drive. There is a key which you need to press to get into BIOS, where you look for Boot Order or Boot Priority. And from there tell the PC to startup with the USB first. then hard drive, then DVD. Then you save your changes and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.