1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD on load after hibernate/stand by

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by koutsiog, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

helo guys.I have a problem here.ALLWAYS when I load from standby/hibernate I get a BSOD with weired characters(may be because my xp is in greek).
    If I go to event veiwer it has a red X in system.It says:
    in english(translated):
    Code:
    error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000004, parameter 2 806eeae1, parameter 3 a99f265c, parameter 4 00000000.
    in greek(as it apears):
    Code:
    Κωδ. σφάλματος 1000008e, παράμετρος1 80000004, παράμετρος 2 806eeae1, παράμετρος 3 a99f265c, παράμετρος 4 00000000.
    if I click the hyperlink it says the problem is in faultrep.dll

I'm using latest win xp(sp3) in fujitsu m2010(nothing changed)

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

When did the problem begin? And have you tried doing a "System Restore" to a date prior to the problems?

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

3. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

here they are but you may have a hard time cause my xp is greek

Attached Files:

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

This is a bit difficult to call and more minidumps may be needed.

The first bugcheck faults your Audio driver; the second appears related to a PCI card installation and so may be hardware.

I would run some memory diagnostics, also run chkdsk on the drive.

And remove FolderLock (seen as windrvNT.sys
    in your loaded modules) which is a loose canon wherever it is found.

Esset Firewall may be a complicating factor in combination with Folder Lock and the Daemon Tools clone ware you also have installed.

You may also wish to try "clean boot" testing:

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup items" on the general page.

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

-----------------------------------------------

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

Attached Files:

5. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

thanks very very very much uninstalling folder lock fixed it

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Good to hear, you are most welcome for the help :)

7. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

it worked well for some day but it now happens again.here are some resent minidumps

Attached Files:

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

A number of them are throwing errors pointing at your Intel Chipset, such as this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...32.DLL+intel+bsod&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You may have had more than one cause here, so I would update and or reinstall these using Intel's support >>

http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm

If this does not resolve it I would uninstall Daemon Tools which may be a contributing factor here.

9. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

none if these worked :(

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

How did you reinstall the chipset drivers?

You may need to download them manually, and go through the Device Manager options to uninstall the current ones and to update drivers from the file you have downloaded.

Post any new minidumps after the reinstall.

11. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

I did as you told me and it now works again.Here are the new minidumps you requested.if there is no other problem tell me to mark it as solved.Also,can I reinstall daemon tools and folder lock?

Attached Files:

12. koutsiog

koutsiog Thread Starter

it worked for one time now it hapens again

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice