1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD On Newly Built Windows 7 Computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kaith, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaith

Kaith Thread Starter

So I recently put together a computer for a friend of mine. We booted it up, and everything seemed to be fine. Unfortunately, he has been having intermittent BSOD crashes, often when installing new software (though not always). We've tried reinstalling Windows 7 (64 bit) several times, and I've had him run various RAM and hard drive diagnostics, which have (so far) not indicated any issues. My suspicions are beginning to point towards the motherboard or power supply, but honestly I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to analyzing dumps. I've attached the relevant dump files.

I don't have a full list of hardware directly at my disposal, but if necessary I can have him run a dxdiag tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Unfortunately, the dumps are fairly uninformative. They implicate ntoskrnl.exe, which is usually driver-related, but is so general that even heat could be involved.

One dump was different and implicated tdrpm228.sys, the Acronis Try&Decide virtualization driver. This is an unlikely cause and this driver's failure may have been due to its having been caught up in some other problem, but just for now, you might uninstall Acronis until the problem is tracked down. May just disabling the T&D service would be enough.

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for graphics and your network card(s). If you used some driver DVD, go to the web site and use the drivers there.

(If you could capture a full memory dump, it would tell you more. But you would need to analyze it because it would be the size of your RAM. C:\Windows\memory.dmp)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice