BSOD on YouTube

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

King56

I'm having a problem where, completely randomly, my computer will freeze but the sound will still play, and this happens on YouTube only. The freeze lasts a little bit before my computer gets the blue screen and restarts. It's completely random, I can go hours on YouTube without a problem or it can happen within minutes.

I attached the minidump file that was created on the latest crash if that even helps (?).

Attachments

blues_harp28

Dump file shows.
nv4 disp.dll

nv4 disp.dll file is used by Nvidia cards.
Update your Video card drivers.

King56

My card is a GeForce 8500 GT, and I'm using Windows XP 32 bit. I'm using older drivers as well (275.33) because I was told that with this card I don't need the latest ones.

Also, when installing new drivers should I uninstall everything related to nvidia first? Which would be the driver and PhysX software. So I would uninstall those, restart, reinstall new ones, and restart again?

Could you post a link to the exact drivers I should use?

Thanks!

King56

Alright, new drivers are installed and running (old ones gone obviously).

Always download drivers First - before uninstalling the old ones.
Just out of curiosity, why is that? Because it would be hard to navigate to the page without proper display?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online