1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSoD ONLY when on Docking Station?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by XpL0d3r, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Working with a Dell Latitude E6410, upgraded to Windows 7, i5 processor, solid state drive. When running the computer on a docking station, it works perfect for 5-10 minutes. Goes though encryption software fine, boots Windows fine. Can log user in, load browsers, play audio through the docking station, etc etc. After a short while, it randomly goes into blue screen.. Error: "IRQL Not Less or Equal"..., and reboots. Replaced motherboard, problem still exists. Reformatted solid state drive and reloaded Win 7... still happens.

Keep in mind this is ONLY when plugged into the docking station. Also blue screens on other docking stations as well.

Any idea's on what this could be? I can't get the exact codes from the BSoD right now, but any insight on what to look for would be great.

Thanks

2. Lance1

Lance1

Go to the Control Panel \ Administrative Tool \ Event Viewer and check the logs there for any errors that have occurred for the date and time of the BSOD. If you find the error in the logs you can copy and past the error here.

3. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r Thread Starter

No log of the BSOD. Ended up replacing MB a second time to be sure, problem still persists. When it happens again I will try to catch all the info in the blue screen before it reboots. Right now all I remember is a file e1(something)x64.sys ..? Will update when I can.

Thanks

4. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r Thread Starter

Update: playing around a little bit, seems to only happen on Ethernet as well... ran it for a half hour on wireless, ran fine. disabled wireless and ran Ethernet only, and within 2 minutes I got the BSOD. Dealt with e1k62x64.sys, which is also related.. I'm going to update that driver (if possible) and go from there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!