1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD particularly when playing. (ntoskrnl.exe)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fuzwipper, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzwipper

Fuzwipper Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm here to explain you guys my problem, so about a year ago I bought a Radeon 7970, that worked fine at the beginning, but then started failing until I had to replace it, got another one, same model, computer didn't even boot when it was on its place. Now I got a third one and at first it worked fine, but I have some flickering squares on my screen (which for some reason disappear when I'm in a full screen game, but what is bothering me the most is the constant BSOD, particuarly when playing League Of Legends, I know this has nothing to do with the game because it happens even when I'm browsing the Internet, but it happens more often while playing. What I also find interesting is that flickering squares only happen some time after the computer has been on.

After checking out the crashes with BlueScreenViewer it seems that all of the dates the crashes occurred are wrong, I have no idea why but I can see most are being caused by ntoskrnl.exe and by Windows NT. Hope you guys can help me out. Gonna upload my minidump folder below. Since the dates of the reports are wrong I have no idea of what I was doing at that moment, but I guess most crashes must be because of a similar issue. I'm getting currently about 3 crashes a day, sometimes even more and since League Of Legends is a team based game, if you leave you are punished, and I have been banned twice now, I am really desperate for your help, thank you.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5366 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463332 MB, Free - 37265 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG
    Antivirus: None

What I find weird is how my GPU's memory always shows a negative number and only shows -1024 (instead of the 3072 it's supposed to have right?
    And my RAM is supposed to be 6gb (Windows says only 5.24GB are usable) is that a weird number?
    Thanks for your help guys.
    P.S. If mods feel this isn't at the right place feel free to move it please, it's my first post in the forums and I'm not that much of a tech guy.

Attached Files:

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    PSU

make
    model
    wattage

12V Rail amperage

HAve you tested your RAM?? use Memtest86+

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!