1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD - Physical memory dump

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by snteran, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snteran

snteran Thread Starter

We have a new dual core Dell 2900 running Windows 2000 Server and it is our main Citrix server. Tonight as I was about to log off, I had a trying to reconnect msg. I went to the server and it had the BSOD and some of the text was - Date Stamp 41afdd8b - hal.dll and Beginning dump of Physical memory - Dumping physical memory to disk: 39, the disk count keeps going up until finally it reboots. This has only happen this one time, but I have never seen this on this server and it's a new server. We did just upgrade our business software (solomon-Dynamics). I'm hoping I can get some help on this major issue for our company.

Thanks,

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy snteran...

Hard to tell without the full BSOD, (need the stop error and stop code at the top), go to Event Viewer and look for any errors around the time it went BSOD, maybe find a clue in there...

Hal.dll is the Hardware Abstract Layer, so it could be bad drivers, bad hardware, or even the way the updated software is interacting with the hardware, kinda hard to tell without the stop error/codes...

3. snteran

snteran Thread Starter

I was unable to find the information in the event viewer, there was really very little information concerning the BSOD. I was able to write down the stop info:

***STOP: 00000009B (0x001140218,0xBBA7C330,0xBBA7BF88,0x8006560F)
    ***Address 8006560F base at 80062000, DateStamp 41afdd8b - hal.dll

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 39

I hope this helps, I tried finding more information via google and could not find anything to help be diagnose.

4. justfei

justfei

Heys,

I've had the same problem as you and i used ran this program, booted it up and did a scan.
    After that, everything worked like a charm. The program is called " drive fitness test (DFT) "

Here's the link:
    http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

5. snteran

snteran Thread Starter

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. So far our server has been running fine, but I'll download and test the software on one of our test servers.

Thanks again

6. Drew7997

Drew7997

snteran- if you post the minidump files I'll read them for ya. If you would like.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice