Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ashbashbabyyy

My computer was doing fine then suddenly as I was playing a game my entire computer shut off and I got a BSOD message. I looked it up and found information that supported updating my gpu drivers so I did. BSOD happened again. From that point I removed the drivers completely and reinstalled, it didn’t help. I then found a video suggesting my registry may be corrupted so I downloaded a registry fixer and that helped for a day or so then the BSOD was back with the exact same message, this time I wasn't playing a game but I had a lot of internet browser tabs open. I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe my gpu is overheating and that's what's causing the BSOD. Each time it crashed (before the final time) I was playing the sims which seems to really get my computer going.

I'm not super tech savvy, I just want my computer back up and running. I'm going to try and change the slot my gpu is in and see if that helps but any advice would be great.

This is a picture I snapped of the crash, it's the exact same every time.

I would be weary of using registry cleaner/fixers. They can do more harm then good. Does it ONLY crash while gaming? My first thought is a heat issue since it crashes while gaming. Are the fans spinning on the graphics card and processor? Do you have a ton of dust in the computer?

The other way is to back up your data and do a repair with the windows cd/thumb drive. (Not a fresh install but a repair. But backup your data in case things go haywire.) They should fix anything in the registry/missing files that could possibly cause the issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

dmccoy

Darrin
Themerror is pointing to your AMD gpu driver. Do you have an integrated video card you can enable and see if it will boot or you will need to into safe mode using a Windows install disk if possible.

Option 1:
How to make a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Option 2:
How to boot to Safe mode when no repair Disk
Please try the following step.

Press the power on button to start and shut down the computer 3-4 times and the Windows Recovery Environment should come up to the troubleshooting options menu.

• Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings
• After your PC restarts
• Select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking
• If Safe Mode does not work then select command prompt.

PS. Do NOT use any registry cleaner, fixes or optimizers they can do more harm then good.

ashbashbabyyy

@bigk It crashed once while just browsing the internet and the other times while gaming. I opened it up last night and there wasn’t any dust and all fans are blowing just fine. Everything was going great until I updated Origin and the next day boom! bsod!

@dckeks The graphics card is not integrated. It’s a msi r7 250 that came with my pc. I gamed for a few hours last night and it was fine - no problems - but I’m definitely paranoid since the issue came out of nowhere. I’m going to try the tips you suggested asap

Thank you both!

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay, then you may have compatibility issue with origin. I am not a gamer but have seen lots of people have various issues when playing origin or other game. It may be worth checking their forums as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online