BSOD problem IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+ 14e240

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inforitnow

My computer crashes often with blue screen errors. I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this with no luck.

It is more likely to crash when I do certain things. Most specifically, it crashes often when I get into a loading screen for the game "league of legends". It may crash at any moment, however. It sometimes even crashes when I start it before it gets into windows. Sometimes the computer just freezes and I have to restart it. And sometimes when I restart it, it goes to a black screen and just sits there without loading windows and I have to restart it again.

Here is the blue screen dump information: http://1drv.ms/1FdVPsr
cpu: amd phenom x4 965 black edition
gpu: nvidia GeForce GT 240
MB: MSI 870-G54

I forget the other specs but can open up my pc and check if necessary. The computer was built in 2010

I have:
updated all drivers
reinstalled windows (using windows 10's tool to remove everything and reinstall windows at once)
run windows memory diagnostic and removed a bad stick of ram
reset bios

I still have the problem. My computer crashes multiple times per day (most of the minidump files were lost when I reinstalled windows, but this has been happening for months now). I think when I reset windows it kept the same drivers but I think I've updated all of them. I don't know what driver or whatever is causing the problem.

Anyone have advice? Should I plan on buying new hardware?

I was looking at what you have done to tackle this problem but did you check for malware? You might be surprised what that could do to your computer. Add checking for malware to your list and see what happens. You can also look at some suggestions that you did not mention you did.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online