1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beeobee, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

my windows xp completely shut down all this come up is this blue screen(blue screen of death).. i have tried looking up how to get pass it, but not one of my safe modes will work.. i tried starting from nothing but the reinstallation disk can not find my hard drive.. i think it is a SATA drive.. its says it cant find it.. i have seem many solutions but none seem to work.. what should i do.. and by the way my blue screen of death said..

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.".

:eek:

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

To me, it sounds like you do indeed have a SATA drive, or even more than one, I have seen this problem with RAID configurations that have become corrupt Try going into the BIOS menu and checking the status of your RAID (if any), and if there is, break the RAID off. If that is indeed your problem, you will now be able to do a repair install of Windows.

Hope this helps.

3. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

well.. i went to the bios... on the computer that is broken.. and it has no raid.. just a sata hard disk drive.. how do i get it so it is noticeable on the windows installation cd?

4. Specsnow

Specsnow

You also may need the drivers for the SATA controller to load into Windows Setup. Do you know the model number of your SATA controller; or your motherboard; or your computer? (All of which can provide you the right driver). I can help you find it or you can look, and once you get it, just put it on a floppy and load it when Windows Setup asks you to.

5. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

where can you find it.. and i can tell you.?

6. Specsnow

Specsnow

If your computer is a name brand, just look at the front of your PC and check for a model number (e.g HP Pavillion 1000, IBM DeskPro 310, etc.). If you cannot find it on the front, check the stickers on the back. When you find it, just post it here, and I will find the drivers for you and post the link, along with instructions on how to use it.

7. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

Well on the front it says.. Dell XPS 400.. is that it.. or what?

8. Specsnow

Specsnow

Yes, that is just what I needed. I have found the SATA drivers. Now all you need is a blank floppy disk. Download the file fromt eh link below and run it. It should give you directions on how to use it, but if it does not, just copy the files it extracts to a blank floppy disk. Start loading Windows Setup on your Dell and right when it starts loading, it will say to push F6 to load third party drivers (I believe it is F6. Pay attention in case it is a different key). After you push the key, put in the floppy disk. Windows should take care of the rest, and you should be able to see your hard drive again.

Any problems, just let me know.

9. Specsnow

Specsnow

10. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

umm.. my computer does have a floppy disk drive.. jus usbs and 2 disk drives..

11. Specsnow

Specsnow

Unfortunately, if you are installing Windows XP, a flappy drive is required for the installation of those drivers. I'd recommend either buying one (they are cheap; $20 tops), or borrowing one from another computer or a friend just for a few hours until Setup is complete. WIndows Vista fixed this limitation, but I assume that you are installing Windows XP.

Good luck.

12. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

yea.. so i have a have a floppy disk drive..

13. Specsnow

Specsnow

Okay, just open up the side of the case, plug it in, the floppy ribbon and the power cable, configure it in the BIOS, put the drivers on a disk, and run setup as I described.

14. Beeobee

Beeobee Thread Starter

ok.. so i can just take it out of this computer that i am on now and plug it into my computer and it will work..

15. Specsnow

Specsnow

Exactly. Just be sure to enable the floppy drive in the BIOS after you plug it in. Once Windows Setup is finished, you can just turn the PC off, unplug the floppy drive and put it back.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice