1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Omarrah, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

Computer info: Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7005,
    Processor: AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    System Type: 64-bit Operating System
    Windows: 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

My problems began probably a year ago. Started having BSOD's regularly with startup issues. Nothing I tried fixed anything. Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he "fixed some things" and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD's and startup problems (getting stuck at the "starting Windows" screen, etc). Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows. Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues. At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer. Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands. The thing worked perfectly for 9 days, PERFECTLY. Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason. After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the "starting Windows" screen and wanting to run Startup Repair.

With Startup Repair I get: Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info:
    Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
    Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
    Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
    Problem Signature 03: unknown
    Problem Signature 04: 77
    Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
    Problem Signature 06: 1
    Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale Id: 1033

From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details: The only problem listed is :

Root Cause Found: Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.

Repair Action: System Restore
    Result: Failed Error Code = 0x1f
    Time Taken: 322797 ms

Repair Action: System files integrity check and repair
    Result: Failed Error Code = 0x490
    Time Taken: 1139306ms

I'd be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided. Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual. :0) I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately. I would sincerely appreciate any help. I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer. My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home. I have no idea where to even start at this point. Thanks so much!

2. ETech7

ETech7

Upload C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and files from C:\Windows\Minidump if any.

3. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

Okay. When I try to open them I get "Windows cannot open this file" with it wanting to search for a program that will open it and when I try to move it into a zip file to upload it says "File not found or no read permissions." Same with the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and the Minidump ones.

I found online a Debugging Kit for Windows that says it will open the file. Should I do that and then upload?

Thank you for the response.

4. ETech7

ETech7

Just upload them here as is.

5. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

I think I have attached the Minidump files to this reply...if it worked...

Attached Files:

6. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

Working on the other one...

7. ETech7

ETech7

These are from last year. No MEMORY.DMP?

8. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

I am trying to upload it. The Attachment Manager for the forum just keeps saying "Uploading Files Please Wait"

9. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

I think it's too big. The Attachment manager states a zip file must be 500KB or less and my zip file containing the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP is 112MB

10. ETech7

ETech7

Try safe mode and see if it crashes there. Also make sure you have updated drivers and Windows, and try disabling your antivirus.

11. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

The computer has not had a BSOD in the past ten days that I have been using it. It is just getting hung at the "Starting Windows" screen on startup and having unexplained shutdowns (a couple). Not really crashing. Is there a way I could upload the file somewhere else and let you look at it?

12. ETech7

ETech7

There should be.

13. Omarrah

Omarrah Thread Starter

Attached Minidump files that should include the latest info. Still really need help solving this.

Attached Files:

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice