BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Omarrah 
#1 ·
Computer info: Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7005,
Processor: AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows: 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

My problems began probably a year ago. Started having BSOD's regularly with startup issues. Nothing I tried fixed anything. Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he "fixed some things" and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD's and startup problems (getting stuck at the "starting Windows" screen, etc). Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows. Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues. At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer. Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands. The thing worked perfectly for 9 days, PERFECTLY. Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason. After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the "starting Windows" screen and wanting to run Startup Repair.

With Startup Repair I get: Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 77
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale Id: 1033

From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details: The only problem listed is :

Root Cause Found: Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.

Repair Action: System Restore
Result: Failed Error Code = 0x1f
Time Taken: 322797 ms

Repair Action: System files integrity check and repair
Result: Failed Error Code = 0x490
Time Taken: 1139306ms

I'd be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided. Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual. :0) I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately. I would sincerely appreciate any help. I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer. My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home. I have no idea where to even start at this point. Thanks so much!

See less See more
#3 ·
Okay. When I try to open them I get "Windows cannot open this file" with it wanting to search for a program that will open it and when I try to move it into a zip file to upload it says "File not found or no read permissions." Same with the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and the Minidump ones.

I found online a Debugging Kit for Windows that says it will open the file. Should I do that and then upload?

Thank you for the response.

#11 ·
The computer has not had a BSOD in the past ten days that I have been using it. It is just getting hung at the "Starting Windows" screen on startup and having unexplained shutdowns (a couple). Not really crashing. Is there a way I could upload the file somewhere else and let you look at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.