1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD shows different technical information each time every 10 minutes after log on

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by tamakilova, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tamakilova

tamakilova Thread Starter

Well the first unexpected error to occur was that a RunDLL message came up every time I logged on showing 'Error loading C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\uivethmx.dll' Been happening for about 3 weeks now.
    About a week ago, the mouse was pulled out of the computer (with a bit of force) and then once I put it back in, the computer would freeze as soon as the acer screen appeared so one by one I took all the plugs etc. of the back of the computer and found that without the mouse in my computer carried on working fine like normal, and also (using the keyboard) I checked the mouse via control panel and there was no software/hardware? (I'm not good with the technicalities of a computer at all) and so basically there was no mouse hardware installed or something like that, but I went and bought a mouse and everything was fine, however I still kept getting the RunDll messages.

Then a like a 3 days after that was the first time I saw the BSOD and after restarting it never came again until two days ago and then it became frequent; every time I logged on after about 10 minutes or so. So I began to google this and I found that it was the BSOD that I was dealing with and I found out how to stop the the comp from restarting so that I could read the BSOD. Done that. Then I read the technical information shown and it keeps changing ***STOP : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 (THIS BIT CHANGES – 0x81EC5053, 0x813FF9CC) 0x00000000)

This is what's written below that:

Collecting Data for crash Dump
    Initialising disk for crash dump
    Beginning dump for physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk: (NUMBERS CHANGING FROM 0-100)
    Physical memory dump complete
    contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance

One more thing I want to mention since it took me a while to write this all I had to first write it on word since every time it restarted it would recover, but after 3 recoveries a message would come and say that the file is being locked by an unknown user, my computer not being erm controlled by someone is it? :confused:
    I don't know what you guys need to help me but if you need more than what I've written then let me know, thank you guys. :eek:

Computer Information:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Service Pack 2

System:
    Rating 3.8
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
    Ram 1GB
    32 bit

Aspire
    acer

2. tamakilova

The fact that the technical information keeps changing does that mean its a virus file? because I've checked for updates for the drivers and they were all up to date...

3. tamakilova

and ive got over 70% free space on the hardisk...

4. tamakilova

i tried to see if i could find this problem in the forums, but it seems the fix is different for each case, and even so i didn't understand what was being written.

5. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    What are the contents of the C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\ folder. There shouldn't be any programs there. My suspicion is that this is a viral issue, while the mouse problem is probably separate.

If you think it is a viral issue then you should follow the instructions here and report your thread to ask for it to be moved to the malware section.

6. tamakilova

Well i checked the contents, and there's only folders; i.e adobe, macromedia and mozilla, :\

7. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    That doesn't make sense. What if you show hidden files and folders.

8. tamakilova

how do i do that?

9. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Press Alt
    Go to the tools menu, and select folder options.
    Go to the View tab
    Check show hidden files & folders
    Uncheck Hide Protected Operating system files.
    Click OK.

10. tamakilova

i coudlnt find the the 'tools' maybe im using vista but i did what you said and only one more thing showed up as a results but it titled desktop with a like a wheel that connects and spins/spins with other wheels. sorry i cant explain it properly

11. tamakilova

what should i do now, im not sure if i should click it, is it possible that its hijaking ? instead of a virus?

12. tamakilova

my computer restarted and now there's two of the same desktop files on my desktop and also i also unchecked Hide unknown file types or something like that

13. tamakilova

and also in the C:\users\(username) folder therers another user called 'ntuser' is that normal?

14. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Very Sorry. I've been out for the last hour so I didn't see your responses. All those mysterious files are quite normal. You managed to show both Hidden files and System ones; those are all the files which Windows and some other programs use to keep themselves working. They're kept out of normal view to stop people from accidentally deleting them or changing them and doing damage to their system. Of course if a virus gets itself marked as hidden and system, it's invisible to the user as well. If there's still no files in that roaming folder then you can revert to hiding them. It does make one wonder what that error message was talking about though.

15. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    If you think this is a malware issue, as it sounds like it might well be, then you have to click the orange "Report" button and ask for the thread to be moved to the antimalware forum. Then you can follow the instructions given in that link. Because malware is such a difficult issue only trained members are allowed to help with it. The trained malware guys can sort out problems with their tools which I can't deal with.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice