1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD, stop :0x000000F4, help needed!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spyslayer, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyslayer

spyslayer Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just upgraded my 1.5G RAM to 4G RAM last month, and I usually have 6 to 7 applications running at the same time. Recently, my Dimension 4700 gives a short squeaking noise, clicks several times like a fast ticking old clock, then hangs up completely and shows a blue screen.

----------------------------start of BOSD message-------------------------
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
    Technical information:
    Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89EDC020, 0x89EDC194, 0x805d1204)
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    -----------------End of BOSD message ------------------

My PC Specification:
    Dell Dimension 4700
    Pentium 4, CPU 3.00 GHz, 2.99GHz, 4GB of RAM
    Windows XP professional edition
    BIOS: 9

Expert advice is greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!