BSOD stop error, caused by device driver. HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Saint of Killers

Hello,

I was informed today that our home computer has been freezing over the last day or so. I logged on and looked up some info on the error i was described, then perhaps fortunately, i got the vile BSOD. This is what was contained:

0x0000008E (0xc01000005, 0xBF801CBE, 0xA67A7c40, 0x00000000)

win 32k.sys - Address BF801CBE base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7a

Then it began a memory dump.

It claims a device driver error, but i do not recall installing anything recently. the windows report proved less than helpful (surprise).

Any help you all can give would be great. Should I download hijackthis and set up a log?

Thanks,

CB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts