1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSoD Stop Error when downloading files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by VanGoghGuy, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VanGoghGuy

VanGoghGuy Thread Starter

I have an odd problem I have never encountered before.

I have a brand new custom built system with the following specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 5200+ Socket AM2
    VideoCard: 768MB EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
    MoBo: ASUS Crosshair SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP
    Memory: 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Hard Drive: (2) 320GB Western Digital SATA II 3.0GB/s.. NOT set up for RAID
    Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Elite Pro

Gaming capabilities are problem free. Surfing the internet is problem free. Applications seem to run well.

Problem: Whenever I try to download a file from the internet, especially large files, it will consistently give me a BSoD, with the following error message:

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89443748, 0x894438BC, 0x805D1140)

Parameter 2, 3, and 4 are always different, but the F4 and 03 are consistent.

I'd like not to take it back to the builder, because everything else is working so well. This seems so isolated, and may have an easy fix. I just don't know what that fix is.

I've donated to your site in the past, and would be happy to again.

Thank you for your help,

VanGoghGuy

2. guruofpcs

guruofpcs

I have built a custom computer with an nForce 590 SLI motherboard as well and it sounds like I have the same problem.

My computer specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2
    Video Cards: (2) EVGA GeForce 7950GT KO in SLI
    Motherboard: EVGA nForce 590 SLI
    Memory: OCZ Platinum DDR2 800MHz
    Hard Drive: 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM SATA II
    Sound: Integrated Realtec AC97

I do not have an internet connection on the computer described above, but I do have 1Gb ethernet between several of my computers.

I only have a problem when transferring files between my nForce 590 computer and my other computers. When I am sitting at my nForce 590 computer and I try to copy a large file or several small files to it, it will display the BSoD and crash.

I have found that using the other network card on the motherboard will avoid the problem, but I would like to fix the problem.

I have tried using three different nForce 590 motherboards but they all had the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. VanGoghGuy

VanGoghGuy Thread Starter

Nobody responded to me when I posted, but through tons of troubleshooting, I found out two things.

1. The default voltage settings that came with my motherboard were not sufficient to keep my RAM memory stable. And for some reason that really impacted transferring and downloading files

2. Due to the problem described in 1, I ended up sort of frying my motherboard. Not really sure exactly how it happened, but I did end up having to replace my motherboard.

I have a new motherboard now, and I changed the voltage in my BIOS setting for my RAM. So far, so good. I believe if I had known of this earlier, I would have been able to save my MB. Lessen learned.

Good luck!

4. guruofpcs

guruofpcs

Thank you for responding. I should have mentioned that I had already changed the memory voltage to many different settings and it did make the computer more stable, but it did not fix my network card issue. I will continue to mess around with the voltages of the motherboard.
    I really appreciate your response though.

By the way, have you tried teaming the network cards together?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!