1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD stop errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jlabit, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabit

jlabit Thread Starter

For the past several months, I have had numerous problems with blue screens of death on Windows XP 3rd edition. Over this time, I have switched out every component in my system, including the power supply. My current hardware is correct. The latest error code is : 0x0000008E (0XC000005, 0X338DD9E8, 0xA5ABB868, 0x00000000). I have used Google extensively to try to determine what this means. The error code usually changes, but the one listed above is the latest, and most begin with the code 0X0000008. Anyone know of a site or a tool that can decipher what this means. I am out of ideas to fix this. Have tried both Nvidia and Ati cards. Even tried Windows Vista, and it blue screens much more on Vista. Sure could appreciate some help. Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Really sounds like a bad memory stick. Test them all. It could also be cache memory that is faulty, but test your sticks first. I'd almost bet...

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
    Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
    Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista and can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

3. paul_doo

paul_doo

If that doesn't work try a new harddrive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice