1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD Strikes!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SkyofBurns, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyofBurns

SkyofBurns Thread Starter

I recently built a computer, specifically the one I am using right now and i keep getting a BSOD error. It says its an "uncorrectable error". I've searched for an answer to this problem but have yet to find an answer. I hear that the said error means its a hardware malfunction though i'm not too sure of that.

computer spec:
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
    RAM: Mushkin 8183 Mb (2 4gb sticks)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: western digital caviar green 500gb
    Motherboard: FOXCONN, Inferno Katana
    PSU: OCZ Modxtream Pro 700w
    Cooler Masters Haf case

Cooler Masters Hyper 212 plus cpu cooler
    I've updated all of my drivers as far as i know and i've tried reinstalling windows again but nothing seems to stop this error from occuring.

BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA8007C15028
    BCP3: 00000000FE000000
    BCP4: 0000000002000102
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

On a new build the first thing I would try would be to go to the motherboard manufacturers site and update BIOS to the latest non-beta version. If you need to update the BIOS follow the instructions at the board manufacturers site making sure you select the correct BIOS for your board.

If the problem continues after updating BIOS (if necessary) make a CD with Memtest 86+, boot with the CD and test each stick individually. Let Memtest make a minimum of 4 full passes on each stick.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice