BSOD Strikes!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SkyofBurns

I recently built a computer, specifically the one I am using right now and i keep getting a BSOD error. It says its an "uncorrectable error". I've searched for an answer to this problem but have yet to find an answer. I hear that the said error means its a hardware malfunction though i'm not too sure of that.

computer spec:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: Mushkin 8183 Mb (2 4gb sticks)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: western digital caviar green 500gb
Motherboard: FOXCONN, Inferno Katana
PSU: OCZ Modxtream Pro 700w
Cooler Masters Haf case

Cooler Masters Hyper 212 plus cpu cooler
I've updated all of my drivers as far as i know and i've tried reinstalling windows again but nothing seems to stop this error from occuring.

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C15028
BCP3: 00000000FE000000
BCP4: 0000000002000102
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Anyone have any suggestions?

On a new build the first thing I would try would be to go to the motherboard manufacturers site and update BIOS to the latest non-beta version. If you need to update the BIOS follow the instructions at the board manufacturers site making sure you select the correct BIOS for your board.

If the problem continues after updating BIOS (if necessary) make a CD with Memtest 86+, boot with the CD and test each stick individually. Let Memtest make a minimum of 4 full passes on each stick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts