Solved BSOD system thread exception not handled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raya2

Recently I got this BSOD:

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

The first time, Its said about a file named "fltMgr.sys"; But after that, Everytime It only shows "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

Windows can't loads up. I can access the windows only in safe mode.

Windows 10 Pro x64

The dump has been uploaded.

https://mirrorace.com/m/6k1k

Thank u.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not open and download from links
I have no idea what I am downloading
If you want me to assist and I am more than willing
attach the dump as a zipped file on your reply
click upload a file button on the reply panel

To save the dump right click and hold mouse on send to - compressed file on desktop

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Am I correct in saying that Avast is your anti-virus
Is that the paid for Avast or the free edition

There is something causing large memory corruption, this does not mean that ram is faulty it is simply that data is being written to at the wrong level
possibly in the page file and then when the system tries to use it, the data it produces the crash

The stack shows that Avast is involved

raya2

Thank u. Yes, It seems the problem is from Avast.
I will contact their supports.

raya2

Do you mean it does not crash with Avast disabled/uninstalled
I didn't uninstall Avast yet.
I launched an app named "BluScreenView" & it shows the cause of BSOD is from a file named "aswSnx.sys" that is a part of Avast antivirus.

Also u said its from Avast too, So I'm %99 sure that problem is from Avast.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My advice is that your Windows 10 would run far better with the included Windows Defender
It is free, regularly updated, unobtrusive and its main unquestionable benefit is its 100% compatibility with Windows 10 - 100% of the time.

That is not something which can be said for many if not all of the third party anti virus programs

However that is only my opinion, but I have seen plenty of evidence for problems on 10 with third party AV programs
I believe the problem is that these programs whilst they work OK when installed just cannot keep pace with the updates to 10 and especially those that make changes to parts of the system where the AV program has a contributing factor

You only have to look at the range of reports here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...EsfGwALqzpbICw&start=20&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=832

This is not by any means only an Avast issue - there are many reports regarding other third party security AV products and problems on 10

Last edited:

raya2

My advice is that your Windows 10 would run far better with the included Windows Defender
It is free, regularly updated, unobtrusive and its main unquestionable benefit is its 100% compatibility with Windows 10 - 100% of the time.

That is not something which can be said for many if not all of the third party anti virus programs

However that is only my opinion, but I have seen plenty of evidence for problems on 10 with third party AV programs
I believe the problem is that these programs whilst they work OK when installed just cannot keep pace with the updates to 10 and especially those that make changes to parts of the system where the AV program has a contributing factor

You only have to look at the range of reports here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...EsfGwALqzpbICw&start=20&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=832

This is not by any means only an Avast issue - there are many reports regarding other third party security AV products and problems on 10
Thank u for your suggestion. It seems u right about incompatibility of AV softwares with Windows 10. Bcuz this is the second time that Avast cause a problem for me in Windows 10.

But I'm an Avast user for more than 5 years, So its hard for me to change my security software, very easily.

But I will consider "Windows Defender" in my future list.

---------------
Avast support told me that they will fix this bug in the next release, But didn't tell me when!
And staying in windows safe mode until that dateless next release, is a hard thing for me.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Why not uninstall use Defender and reinstall when Avast fix it

When you are ready mark it solved please, click mark solved button on your opening post

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Re this
My problem doesn't solved yet! I will do it after it get fixed
I feel bound to point out that I did say

When you are ready mark it solved please,
and secondly the Firewall is not part of Defender

That said the decision is yours, as it always must be and I will leave it with you

Windows 10's firewall is pretty good. It can block or allow by program, ip address, username, and windows service. And it can block incoming and outgoing traffic.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Indeed I agree and as you say - it has an advanced settings option
Untitled.png

although for most users the standard settings are OK

raya2

Update: I uninstalled Avast antivirus from my PC, but still recieving BSOD.

The only change in BSOD is the message it shows:

Driver Verifier Detected Violation

I ran BlueScreenView app to see the Driver that caused it:

vmci.sys

It was related to VMWare, So I uninstalled VMWare apps and restart, But again I received BSOD & this time with another driver.

I removed that driver But again & again the BSOD comes with other drivers. Till now I removed 6 drivers or their apps, But Still I have BSOD.

I must say that All BSODs have the same message:

Driver Verifier Detected Violation

But each time with different drivers + a windows system file named "ntoskrnl.exe" (NT Kernal & System).

Newest Dump file attached.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online