1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD unknown cause...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ruyen, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruyen

Ruyen Thread Starter

Hi, lately i've been having some trouble with my computer getting blue screens often when playing games or videos or music. I have formated all my computer and solved some blue screens going into the registry to fix them and playing with services. But, there are 2 blue screens i can<t get a hold of. One of them happens when playing games still but i can't determine the code error because as soon as the blue screen pops, my computer restarts (I have take off the automatic restart recovery). That said I tried to get the dumpchk.exe to look into my dump files but when i try downloading and installing the .net framework 4 (it is needed to get dumpchk) the 2nd blue screen occurs. this one is a 0x8E blue screen. First parameter is always 0xc0000005 and the other change a little. I have ran disk checks and all of the mare fine, I have no viruses, I have ran memtest with my 2 bars of RAM together and no errors, (haven't done it one by one), I have scanned for out of date drivers trough windows and they are all up to date. I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. My best guest so far is either failing power supply or hard drives...

I linked my last 5 dumps if anyone could look into them.

Also, here is the Hijackthis report if it can be of any use.
    (BTW since my last format, Pagefile is now C and Windows is D)

If you need any information at all, I will do my best to inform you ASAP.

Thanks

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 9:25:43 PM, on 23/01/2011
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    D:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    D:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    D:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    D:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    D:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
    D:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
    D:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
    D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    D:\Documents and Settings\Cpt. Awesome\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    D:\Documents and Settings\Cpt. Awesome\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    F:\hijack\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
    D:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] D:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "F:\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nView\nwiz.exe /installquiet
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "D:\Documents and Settings\Cpt. Awesome\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk = D:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = D:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
    End of file - 4847 bytes

Attached Files:

2. Ruyen

Ruyen Thread Starter

Running Widows XP 2002 SP3
    Motherboard: ASROCK G31M-S
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    CPU Intel 3.40 GHz
    Mem: 2G Ram (2x 1G Kingston DDr2 Pc2-5300)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice