1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD USB_Bug_Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolwarrior, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolwarrior

coolwarrior Thread Starter

Hi,

I have been experiencing some random BSODs which give the title something as USB Bug driver code (don't remember exactly what it is at the moment). It happens randomly and irrespective of the fact that a USB device is plugged in or not. The BSODs occur randomly, sometimes twice or thrice in a day or I may even go a week without experiencing them. But when they do occur its always the same error title.
    I think it may have started when I used a plug and play USB Modem for a few days about six months ago, but I have long stopped using the USB Modem but the problem still persists (Although I am not sure if it is the cause, but seems most likely).

Sometimes I hear the USB disconnect chime even though nothing is connected to the laptop and the USB device not recognized notification pops up. However that does not result in a Blue Screen. And at times even if the mouse is connected and I hear the disconnect chime, the mouse still works.

I have checked the Device Manager for any error flags etc. and have tried to automatically update the drivers as well but it seems to say that my drivers are fine and up to date and there are no issues with them.

I have also been able to locate the dump files but I don't know anything about debugging so I can't read them (I tried opening one with notepad and it was just garbled text). And I was overwhelmed by the windows event viewer and failed to locate them there. In case these are required, please tell me how to convert/open them and I will attach them as well.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3950 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461487 MB, Free - 17309 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Just zip a couple of the dump files into one zip and attach them to a post.

3. coolwarrior

coolwarrior Thread Starter

Here goes. I've attached all the logs since Jan of this year.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice