1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSoD Vista Install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nirvaeh, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirvaeh

nirvaeh Thread Starter

During "Completing Installation" the screen goes black, and then a blue screen pops up for half a second (not readable) and after it reboots, it says that setup was corrupted and needs to be restarted. It does it all over again if I restart, and I cannot continue from safe mode. The copy of Vista worked fine on my other computers (Laptop Turion64, Athlon XP). I think it might be the video card, but the card says vista compatible. Can anyone tell me if something is not compatible or has had the same issues? It is a 32 bit version and I have an AMD64, but it worked fine on my 64 bit processor on my laptop, so that rules that out. I am confused.

AMD Athlon 64 3200 +
    1.5 GB DDR RAM
    ATI x1600 pro video card
    Asus K8V SE
    Seagate 80 GB IDE Hard Drive

2. stguy

stguy

It could be bad RAM. Try reseating your RAM, or better still swap it if you have spare RAM modules.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Is there an operating system already installed in this computer?

If the card is Vista compatible -- have Vista version drivers been installed for it? If not, just remove and do not reinstall them. Install your Vista drivers after the setup completes.

Best to remove all non-essential hardware during setup.

What is the STOP parameter you are seeing? If you can boot to Windows and run sysdm.cpl and go to Startup and Recovery, UNcheck "automatically reboot".

Can you do this >>

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non-system driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice