1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD when attempting to sent attachments?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by caskin, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

As of yesterday when ever I attempt to upload a file or an attachment by email or site request I am hit by instant BSOD!!
    I have a compressed file of all logs on my desktop but unble to upload for your scrutiny as blocked by BSOD!

How can I get file to you??

PC works well in all other aspects,and restarts after BSOD without a problem.

Only change to system was recent upgrade of Canon Pixma printer 3000 to all in one Canon printer Pixma 499....using the new printer/scanner/copier/ets,I carried out my first ever scan to this PC.It could be coincidental,but problem began after that!

2. dai

dai

what is on the blue screen of death

3. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

It starts by stating Windows is closing down due to a problem that could damage your computer etc..there is a lot more but it only remains on the screen for seconds before closing so difficult to read all?

4. valis

valis Moderator

go to the start orb on the bottom left > search > sysdm.cpl > advanced tab > settings button under startup and recovery > untick the 'auto restart' option about halfway down. That will allow you to see the error.

there will most likely be a file at c:\windows\minidump as well. You can zip that and attach it here and we can go ahead and analyze it.

thanks,

v

5. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

Thank you for assistance..following your advice the message on BSOD reads:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    Check to see if you have adequate disc space.If a driver is identified in the stop message,disable driver or check for updates.Try changing video adaptors.
    Check for BIOS updates.
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

TECH INFO: Stop:0X0000001E(OXFFFFFFFFFOOOOOO5,OXFFFFF880077E5CCO,OXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,OXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have to admit to not understanding any of this??

I checked minidump it appears to be all in adobe format how do I change it back to correct format??

If I send you minidump file it will have to be in safe mode as even attempting to upload a file also results in BSOD....

Really hope you can help..thanks

6. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

7. valis

valis Moderator

we need to see the minidump first, then we can go from there.

8. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

OK not a problem,,but I will have to do it in safe mode as otherwise I get BSOD.All file uploads and attachments cause BSOD with the message on the BSOD as supplied to you...Thanks

9. valis

valis Moderator

no worries. The minidump files should be named via date of creation.

alternatively, you can use whocrashed to figure out yourself which drivers cratered. Sort of the 'teach a person to fish' theory. :)

10. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

here goes hope it works as mini dump was "padlocked"?

On attempting to uplload getting this message:Your file of 521.7 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 500.0 KB for this filetype.

What can do now?

11. caskin

caskin Thread Starter

Downloaded who crashed...lots of information regarding kernel etc but have no idea how to translate or use it...help!
    On Tue 22/01/2013 17:51:17 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012213-19125-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88007D62CC0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Will try again with file :Still stating file size is too large..advice please

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice