1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD when partitoning hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pettiger15, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettiger15

pettiger15 Thread Starter

I read some posts here about a similar problem but none answer my question. I was trying to partition my hard drive with disk manager in vista home premium. I partitioned 22gb and formatted it FAT32 then it started to ask me for drivers which i didn't have or know where to even get the drivers and vista wasn't able to find it, so i then restarted my computer then after i see that the partition that i made doesn't say it has been formatted it looks like it unformatted it self, I so restart again and i get the blue screen saying the error 0x0000007b. So the only way to fix it is to use the vista boot disk and use system restore then it works. Then i see the partitioned drive looks formatted and appears in My computer again and it asks me again to install drivers, like the first time i formatted it. For some reason the partitioned drive gets unformatted after i restart my computer which causes me to get a blue screen error. I hope it makes some sense. Please help!

2. pettiger15

pettiger15 Thread Starter

can anyone help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice