1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD When playing games Bccode 50

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by klints, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klints

klints Thread Starter

I have had my computer for about over a year now. It has worked absolutely perfect until maybe a month ago. I got my first Blue Screen after playing World of Warcraft for some hours. Installed " BlueScreenView " and it said this:

Bug Check String:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Code:
    0x00000050

Caused By Driver:
    atikmpag.sys

etc etc etc

And after that I've received a total of 12 BSOD's with different "Caused by driver" but they all got the same: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and same BcCode. I'm now getting really desperate and really hope you guys can help me out.

This is what I have done so far:

Reinstalled OS and formate the HDD
    Reinstalled all drivers
    Tried picking out 1 RAM stick at the time
    Checked temps
    Tried without different peripherals

I even used my warranty and they went through the PC, running several different test such as Memtest86 and all other tests, hehe. They even played World of Warcraft on it and Gta IV for couple of hours trying to get a BSOD. But they didn't get a single BSOD nor a error after 5 days playing on the computer. Brought it back home and got a instant BSOD after playing some GTA.

Different types of "Caused by Driver:"
    atikmdag.sys
    atikmpag.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    dxgmms1.sys

I ONLY get BSOD while playing GAMES. I can have the computer on for days without getting any BSOD. " I actually got a BSOD while watching a youtube clip"

I really hope you guys can help me out.

Attached Files:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

atikmdag.sys is your ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver. Do you have the latest driver for your video card?

If you have updated that driver prior to your problems, try reverting to the previous driver.

3. klints

klints Thread Starter

thanks for the quick reply. I always update to the newest drivers. But what about the other .sys? Do they all point to my video card?

4. Phantom010

dxgmms1.sys is related to DirectX.

5. klints

klints Thread Starter

Alright! The thing is, I've tried do a completely fresh install of Windows 7, formating the HDD etc and still gets BSOD's

6. Phantom010

Are you always using the latest driver? Have you tried an older version when formatting?

7. klints

klints Thread Starter

I haven't, assumed the latest driver would be the best. But there's still some .sys left. What about those?

8. Phantom010

9. klints

klints Thread Starter

Do you by any chance want my dump files? Or what should I do next?

10. Phantom010

Yes, please do attach your latest minidump files in the next reply.

I'd also like to have an idea of what's running on that computer:

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

11. klints

klints Thread Starter

Alright. I uploaded 5 .dmp files with different "Caused by Driver" and the Hijackthis readme

By the way, really really appreciate the help you are providing me with! Hope we can solve this

Attached Files:

12. Phantom010

All minidumps show dxgmms1.sys (DirectX) as the probable cause.

I've seen many issues between the ATI graphics card and DirectX. Other than trying another driver, or making sure you have the latest DirectX version (I believe the latest is 11), you might try another graphics card if you have one.

13. klints

klints Thread Starter

I see. The strange thing is. Like I said, I used my warranty and turned back the computer to the shop. And they didn't get a single Bsod after running several tests and games and came up with the conclusion that it was my peripherals or my power cable etc.

But I will absolutely try updating my DirectX and test with older drivers. I'll post an update soon

Edit: Dxdiag says I got DirectX 11 already.

14. Phantom010

It's often like that when taking something to the repair shop!

Take a car for instance. You notice stange noises, take it to the dealer, leave it there 2 days... They don't find anything or even here a single thing! You take it back and it does it on the way home! Damn! [​IMG]

15. klints

klints Thread Starter

haha, true!

Found Catalyst 9.6 from 6/14/2009 which I'm 98% sure I used when I first bought the Pc. Gonna try with these ones instead

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/987749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice