1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD when trying to Upload Documents or Read Dump Files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BookNerdGirl, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookNerdGirl

BookNerdGirl Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. I have Windows 7 Home 64-bit. Whenever I try to upload a document (like an email attachment) I get the BSOD. It occurs when my document box pops up so I can select the document I want to attach. The box doesn't fully load - and BSOD. This occurs in email and other websites in Firefox, Chrome and Open... but not in IE for whatever reason. IE is ok. When troubleshooting, I attempted to read the dump files - but BSOD again. I do have the info when my computer reboots and I'm hoping someone can help me:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF88007BBCC40
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

2. Lance1

Lance1

Hello BookNerdGirl and Welcome to TSG!

Please go to C:\Windows and copy the minidump folder to the desktop. Compress it and upload it here. Click Go Advanced and scroll down to Manage Attachments to do this.

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

b n g:
    Yes, please provide the minidumps as .zip using Lance1's instructions.

When did the problem begin. Occasionally the exact date is helpful.
    What changed? Perhaps a hardware or software install or removal; W7 update [ check W7's update history ]; an update to your anti malware or other program?
    Which versions of FF, GC, Open?

Which version of IE works?

Have you tried FF's safe mode [ NOT the same as W7's safe mode ]?
    start > programs / all programs > mozilla FF > M FF . MFF [ safe mode ]?

Have you tried it using W7's safe mode with networking [ DM w N ]? If you connect using Wi Fi, SM w N might not connect.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice