1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD when Video or recorded webinars are played

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aamir101, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aamir101

aamir101 Thread Starter

Hello Friends and Forum members,
    I would really appreciate some help with getting my Blue Screen Minidumps fixed. This happens whenever and only when I play videos, whether it is flow player, UTube, or any other videos on my system.
    So far I have identified four files as the culprits here and would need help in knowing how to get them fixed.
    1. USBPORT.SYS
    2. USBEHCI.SYS
    3. NTKRNLPA.EXE
    4. HALMACPI.DLL

I am attaching the Window mini dump the most recent one and the Blue Screen Viewer results for your information and review.
    I would appreciate your help and suggestion on getting these problems resolved.

Thanking you in advance for your help. Warm regards,
    Aamir

Attached Files:

2. Hitori

Hitori

From the Dump file I saw mention of Chrome as well as usbehci.sys.
    Do you have any USB devices hooked up to your system? Can you try disconnecting them temporarily and see if the problem persists? Also first try just viewing a video off your hard drive and not through any browser.

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

4. aamir101

aamir101 Thread Starter

Dear Hitori, Yes I mostly use Chrome, and my wifi connection is from a USB stick, Cisco AE 2500 USB Card,

Dear CaptainIron276, my system was custom built about 5 years ago. Here is the system information from the TSG system info program.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2942 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 286085 MB, Free - 161173 MB; D: Total - 286173 MB, Free - 3 MB;
    Motherboard: , C51MCP51
    Antivirus: Kingsoft Antivirus System Defense, Updated and Enabled

5. Hitori

Hitori

Hi Aamir101
    To help narrow down the culprit can you try removing the USB Wifi temporarily? Then try to view a video from the hard drive and see if you get a crash again. If you do get a crash, please indicate if the Stop Error is the same and attach a mini dump from the crash.

6. aamir101

aamir101 Thread Starter

Dear Hitori,
    No problems at all running videos on my hard drive at all. I think what is happening when I have data transferring via a video, through my wifi, and say an additional program like my Email polls accounts and starts or an skype message notification comes it, basically any additional packets are sent, the wifi drivers may be going bonkers and triggers the blue screen. I have tried for example to shut down everything and just run the webinar or watch the presentations, lower the quality to 240p, sometimes that may work. The system will not do the mini dump.
    I think the problem lies somewhere in how these drivers are not working properly.
    Regards.
    Aamir

7. aamir101

aamir101 Thread Starter

Dear Hitori,
    No problems at all running videos on my hard drive at all. I think what is happening when I have data transferring via a video, through my wifi, and say an additional program like my Email polls accounts and starts or an skype message notification comes it, basically any additional packets are sent, the wifi drivers may be going bonkers and triggers the blue screen. I have tried for example to shut down everything and just run the webinar or watch the presentations, lower the quality to 240p, sometimes that may work. The system will not do the mini dump.
    I think the problem lies somewhere in how these drivers are not working properly.
    Regards.
    Aamir

8. Hitori

Hitori

Hi Aamir
    Yes, it does sound like a driver issue for that Wifi USB ...
    Two options then. First, head to Cisco's site and try downloading any updated drivers.
    If that does not help, do you think it is possible to borrow another Wifi adapter? Ideally another brand but at least another model. If not, can you try using a network cable to plug into your computer? I would actually prefer if you connected through a cable rather than wireless, that will give a better indication if the problem is with the way you connect to the internet (wired vs wireless) or if the problem is from simply being on the internet.

9. aamir101

aamir101 Thread Starter

Dear Hitori,
    Just what i suspected as well. I had done that a few months ago, reload a fresh driver from Cisco.
    Today, I removed a lot of free utilities and programs. Cleaned up the system a little and did it again on your suggestion.
    Lets see if this time it will work or not.
    Other tomorrow, I will just go buy a different brand name and see if that makes a difference.
    I will post the results.
    Thank you for the help and you time, if you can think of any other option please do let me know.
    Regards,
    Aamir

10. Hitori

Hitori

Hi Aamir,
    Don't mention it, glad to help.
    I'd prefer that you hold off on buying a whole new Wifi adapter, just for a while. I know this must be frustrating you but last thing you want to do is shell out more money for a new piece of hardware... only to find out it is still happening!

For now if you could try the wired network connection, that answers a couple questions with just one test.
    If using a network cable is not an option you can try working with the Cisco adapter:
    - Try other USB ports, it is possible if there is a specific one you have been using, it might be damaged/under powered.
    - Try relocating the computer closer to the wireless router. Possible that a poor connection might be having an impact on how the adapter responds.

Some other possibilities
    - Check your security software... if you have a firewall or an Internet Security Suite, possibly they might be having a negative interaction with your adapter itself or the internet access.
    - Try another browser to view videos.
    - Can consider updating your video drivers...

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1094257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice