1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD with Cycling's Max 7 Software (win32k.sys error?)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rusky23, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusky23

rusky23 Thread Starter

Hello, I have done some searching already, but BSOD's are pretty general and I couldn't find what my problem could be. I'm using a pretty new Asus ROG G750JS laptop bought from Costco last September. I haven't had any viruses or any notable problems. I am studying Software Engineering and want to use Max for a project. I downloaded the demo and opened it fine, starting on the tutorials. However, the next time I tried opening Max, my computer got a BSOD while Max was starting up. I wasn't sure what the problem was until I tried opening Max multiple other times. Every time since, my computer crashed. The error is a System Service Exception in relation to win32k.sys. I did update my Nvidia graphics card around the time of the crashes. I also tried uninstalling Max and reinstalling through the installer I still had saved in my downloads.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12170 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: A: Total - 715274 MB, Free - 313253 MB; C: Total - 591383 MB, Free - 359550 MB; D: Total - 102399 MB, Free - 31880 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., G750JS
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Hello Rusky, welcome to the TSG Forums.... :D

Can you please open Event Viewer and try to determine if any "Events" were reported by Windows at the time of BSOD.

T.

3. rusky23

rusky23 Thread Starter

Sorry about the late reply, I have been busy. I tried opening Max 7 again to reproduce the problem, but this time it actually worked. So for now, I can't say what the issue was. Though I think I remember this being affiliated with the crashes:

Faulting application name: UMonit64.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52007056
    Faulting module name: ustor.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17630, time stamp: 0x54b0d74f

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!