1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD wont let xp boot, Not even in safe mode!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tdog4, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

Hi, Heres the bsod message I get :line 1) stop: 0x0000007e ( 0xc0000005, 0xf894a29c, oxf8950500, oxf8950200 ) line 2) pfc.sys- address f894a29c base at f8949000, date stamp 3987f8fc

Thats it..XP pro...I have the hard drive thats doing this as my slave drive now (using an old 8 gig as my master) is there any way I can find & fix this problem with the drive being my slave drive now?? It wont boot at all, not even safe mode but seems fine as a slave drive, passes chkdisk , no prob. is there a way to reinstall windows to a slave drive?? thanks guys, IM really stumped on this one.......T

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

If you Google for: Stop: 0x0000007e , error messages you'll find quite a lot on the subject.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

4. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the links.....but this wasnt a new install......just happened one day....system was kinda unstable for a week or so (rebooting by itself & kicking me offline) but Ive had the same xp pro for a couple a years now.........no updates & no new hardware.........Is there anyway I can fix windows while the drive is D: & not C:??......thanks guys......T

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Might try a repair install

Might try searching Microsoft's site. Generally I like to look there first, especially when you have such a specific error message.

Might want to look at some of their solutions anyway. Things like "Damaged Ram" and "Damaged device driver or system service" could be worth looking into.

6. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

7. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

yup, i do have disk juggler....but again ive had it for over a year. do u think i should delete it??

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

tdog4,

If that program is using that file, and you are getting an error because of it, seems like a reasonable suggestion to give that a try.

9. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

ok I deleted the file pfc.sys itself ( a driver file ) now I get stop: 0x0000007b (0xf894c640, 0xcooooo34,0x00000000,0x00000000).......gettin somewhere I guess....lol......thanks again for all the help & keep it comming Please!!!

10. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Did you delete the software or just the file?

11. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

just the file bob, I must have deleted the software a while ago, because I could'nt find it w/ search.

12. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

From a previous post, I thought you had it for over a year.

Again, all these details are important in trying to find a solution.

13. natcom

natcom

try this from the recovery console type CHKDSK /R that can take some time depending on your hard drive space also do this CHKDSK /P let us know if that did anything for you

14. tdog4

tdog4 Thread Starter

sorry bob, I did have it a long time, but i hardly ever used it, so i musta deleted it at some point..........I'll try that next natcom.....thanks

15. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice